An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Side effects to Adderall?

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by calvintysm, Mar 8, 2015.

1. calvintysm

calvintysm Member

Hey there, exams are coming soon and I have been considering on using Adderall for my studies. I have heard good results with it so that's why I have this thought in my mind.

To anyone who have used it, is there any side effects of Adderall? Does it make you sweat? Crave something?

Any advice would greatly help, thanks.
  2. timelord731

timelord731 Senior Contributor

It depends on your natural reaction. For a dose that will actually help with studying, you will likely twitch your hands and chatter your teeth more or less uncontrollably. You may sweat or have the strong need to straighten or clean things.
  3. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Just because the majority of people has experienced preponderantly only positive effects, doesn't exclude the fact that you are still vulnerable to very unpleasant side effects, like: intensified urges to shake your hands, teeth, head, which could ultimately lead to a heart attack; there was once a case where someone died from using just a small amount of adderall.
    Of course, these side effects are very isolated and you're more likely to die because of a meteorite, but there's still a risk you should keep in mind before trying adderall, no matter the purpose!
  4. Jane

Jane Active Contributor

Here's a really good list of all the different types of side effects that may occur: http://www.rxlist.com/adderall-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Basically, if it's a common side effect of medications in general, it could be sparked by Adderall, too. Anything from dizziness to nausea to death are possible, it seems. It's going to come down to your body specifically and whether or not it copes well with this particular drug.
  5. princepts

princepts Member

I was prescribed Adderall 20 mg. twice daily. I love it. When I first started takingit, I had small nervous spells. But I lost some weight. I would caution against taking more than prescribed. That was my problem. I could go through 60 20mg. tablets in a week and a half.
  6. Jane

Jane Active Contributor

Oh wow.

If you don't mind me asking.... how did you even get access to that much? Did you end up buying it on the side in addition to your prescription then?
  7. karebear07

karebear07 Active Contributor

Hey,

Would it be your own prescription or not? Why do you even need it for exams? Are you having trouble studying? I mean if you do not have ADHD or ADD you should not be taking this medication. It is only intended to be used for people who have concentration issues.
  8. karebear07

karebear07 Active Contributor

Oh
    OH wow that is very dangerous! You should make sure you are taking it as prescribed! It is super dangerous if you take that much! Did it wear off? Why did you find the need to take that many??? Did you let your doctor know that you were taking this many and ran out of your prescription? Are you still using that many?!?