An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Smoking Rock Cocaine

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by The Mask, Nov 18, 2015.

1. The Mask

The Mask Member

What are the health consequences one may experience while or after smoking cocaine? I know that there cases of stroke and heart attack. Besides getting high and experiencing crazy high blood pressure and liver damage...

http://healthforum.hwcva.com/forum/health
  2. Paul

Paul Member

That stuff can really muck up your lungs. I have coughed up black phlegm numerous times when I used to smoke it. Can cause seizures, tremors from lack of dopamine paranoia, anxiety. The biggest thing I noticed when I used to smoke it was how all my money would magically disappear in a night, leading to malnutrition.

Heard a good quote "The only thing crack ever did for me was make me want more crack"
  3. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I think that crack rock is so hard on the body. It is most likely mixed with other substances and that is what makes it so cheap and affordable. Eek. Stay away from it.
  4. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

All of the above and more. Smokeable rock form of cocaine (or crack cocaine) can be extremely dangerous and is potentially fatal. Not only does it cause the symptoms mentioned above, it's also physically addictive almost instantaneously and in extreme cases can cause asphyxia or coma. Many experts argue that it's similar to playing Russian Roulette in that it could cause asphyxia either the first time you use it, the tenth time you use it or even the thousandth time you use it - there is no way to know. Each time you use it you take that risk.
  5. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I'm sure this does have bad side effects. Not to mention the appearance of people on crack. It seems to wear your body down. Most hard drugs do have some serious side effects. One thing I know from the way I've seen some people fiend for this, is it's very addictive.
  6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I bet this drug is mixed with something in order to sell it cheap. I can't imagine coughing up black phlegm. I already hate having to cough up phlegm when I have a really bad cold. I have seen first hand what it looks like when a person goes through a seizure and it'd scary. It's one of those times when you are not in control of your body 100%.
  7. IgCho

IgCho Member

Many people have mentioned the likely side effects of smoking. I think in theory if the crack were mixed purely (only cocaine and a benign binding agent) you wouldn't expect additional neurological issues (you would still have additional symptoms in the respiratory system). However, the issue is dealers almost never cut cleanly as I understand the current literature on dealer pathology. Thus you have no idea what you could be ingesting. This isn't a novel issue to crack. Powder cocaine suffers from many of the same problems with cutting agents. But changing the method of ingestion to the respiratory system can introduce any potential toxins to sensitive muccosal membranes and alter the level of toxin levels in the blood.
  8. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

Crack is extremely dangerous, never would go near that.
  9. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I have also heard that smoking crack which has been washed back with ammonia rather than baking soda can increase the risk of asphyxia and/or coma, although leaves a product higher in purity. Don't know how much truth there is in those claims but I have known people to have seizures after smoking crack. I've also heard it's akin to playing Russian Roulette and that you could be risking your life each time you take it.
  10. Nancy D.

Nancy D. Senior Contributor

This drug causes so many problems of course but sometimes people never mention how people who are addicted to crack have unhealthy eating habits and tend to eat more artery clogging foods than non-users. Also weight gain is affected and it interferes with the metabolic processes and causes a reduction in body fat which is why majority are underweight.
  11. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

Paranoia to the extreme is also one of the worst side effects I've noticed, leading to all kinds of erratic and dangerous behavior. I've seen people shut themselves in for days afraid to go out, not even getting food or water during this time, it's crazy the bad health effects that can come just from the psychological discomfort.
  12. Needlove

Needlove Member

Just wish I had better judgement and a better crowd. Would love to meet someone and do everything that is not crack related. It's destroying my life , but I still see myself holding on to something but don't know where it is.
  13. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace Senior Contributor

Whеn сrасk сосаinе is smоkеd, thе musсlеs tеnsе аnd thе hеаrt bеаts fаstеr. Thе pеrsоn еxpеriеnсеs еxhilаrаtiоn аs а rеsult оf thе rеlеаsе оf spесifiс mооd hоrmоnеs.

Аt thе sаmе timе thаt thе hеаrt bеаts fаstеr, thе blооd vеssеls соnstriсt, rеsulting in еlеvаtеd blооd prеssurе. Аt аny timе, this сhаngе саn rеsult in а hеаrt аttасk, strоkе оr саrdiас аrrеst.

А pеrsоn аbusing сrасk сосаinе mаy lеаvе bеhind tiny plаstiс bаgs with smаll оff-whitе rосks оf сrасk, оr just а littlе rеsiduе оf thе drugs thаt wеrе stоrеd in thе bаg. Thеrе mаy bе сrасk pipеs аrоund mаdе оf mеtаl оr glаss. А pеrsоn whо hаs bееn smоking сrасk оftеn hаs burnеd fingеrs оr lips frоm hоlding оntо thе pipе whilе it hеаts up
  14. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

This drug is among one of the drugs which can be easily mixed with any other substance. Well, cracks are one of the most dangerous forms of cocaine. We all need to avoid this drug. Just simply avoid this drug at any cost. I am lucky that I have never came around this drug.
  15. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

Smoking anything, especially crack, is going to damage your lungs for sure. Taking in any form of smoke into your lungs is going to be bad for you. The other chemicals needed to make it are also awful for your body.
  16. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Long term abuse of cocaine can lead to lung damage or bleeding. It can also damage the heart, as well as other organs like the liver and kidneys.

And yes, it can also cause paranoia. People who have abused cocaine for a long time tend to become more aggressive. Smoking cocaine affects the person both physically and mentally.