An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Smoking tea.

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Joethefirst, Nov 1, 2015.

1. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

Smoking tea? Ha, ha, sorry, but that's just silly. One good way to replace addiction by the "substitution" method is to buy plenty of sunflower seeds. It works! Instead of puffing from cigarettes, you can crack a seed. It's healthier, doesn't make you gain pounds... and, for what it's worth, annihilates your nicotine addiction.

Tea is just... too silly for me, ha, ha.
  2. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Some days ago I was wondering how would it be like to smoke tea. Of course, it's safer than smoking tobacco, but it is not harmless and it won't get you rid of addiction either. If you want to quit, you have to quit the whole habit, not only to replace the content of the blunt. Still I wonder how does it feel.
  3. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

I never tried it alone but I mixed with weed because I never smoked cigarettes so for me it is either pure weed or with tea. I found the strawberry vanilla flavour extremely nice as well as hibiscus. Both have that sour taste and they improve the smell of weed but alone, I am not sure if it will have any effect beside fooling yourself you are smoking something. Maybe green tea. It has some caffeine.
  4. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Ha my girlfriend and I once smoked pretzels...We were so silly. We were just kids, and wanted to pretend we were sophisticated. Umm....smoking tea reminds me of something like that. It is bizarre to think about. Some 5 minute high isn't worth risking your body and your future.
  5. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Well, I have heard stories of people who managed to stop smoking by drinking cold water through a straw, they did that when they had really strong cravings. I think that works for some people, but not for others, it depends on the kind of person, I guess.
  6. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Wow, that is sad to hear, I didn't know it could get to that point. Does your friend have an allergy to tea? Everyone has a different reaction to different substances unfortunately your friend found the hard way.
  7. MichelleVL

MichelleVL Senior Contributor

Yeah it was very sad he was a really great guy, with an amazing personality. I don't know if he was allergic or not, but I do know that he was having the same side effects as the other guys, before it went wrong. He was having hallucinations, felt kind of drunk and high just like the others. I don't know if the leaves caused him some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain or something. It was all very weird.
  8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Smoking tea? Hmm... that seems rather interesting but I don't see how it would work. I mean, do people actually enjoy the taste? It feels pretty weird to think about.
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I have never heard of such thing as smoking tea, but I think it's already much better than smoking cigarettes, so this might work for others.
  10. mayasupernova

mayasupernova Active Contributor

No, this is all too new for me. I have never heard, nor have I imagined anyone would smoke tea. But, it does not surprise me. People can be very inventive when it comes to trying to find ways to get rid of addiction. If that helped them, but did not pose any serious or less serious problems, or consequences, then let them do it. Probably smoking tea is less dangerous than smoking nicotine. However, there is still smoke that many people who are around them can't possibly stand, like my family, myself included.
  11. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

it's true that tea doesn't contains nicotine, but it still a very good way to kick out all the toxics from your body ! especially the nicotine, so it should be very helpful ! of course i'm talking about the natural tea
  12. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

I do not get why somebody would do this. If it is the physically smoking some thing that is the problem with not quitting, try the water vapor e-cigs.
  13. Apollo545

Apollo545 Active Contributor

This is really just my opinion, but I think that you'd be better off gradually taking less and less nicotine in the form of patches and gum than to be inhaling smoke. Whatever helps you overcome your addiction is what is best, of course.
  14. PingPongCall

PingPongCall Active Contributor

I can't believe this is a thing. It seems really dangerous.
  15. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I haven't tried it yet, but if that works for some people then it's all good then. At least the tea is not as harmful as nicotine.
  16. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

Never heard of that or even tried it so I'm not so sure if that will work out. If that works better than the nicotine gum though, I'm more than willing to try this out!
  17. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I believe it's all in the mind. If they believe that it will work for them, then well and good. We all have our opinions but i believe if someone believes in something, then let them be and do whatever they like.
  18. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

I don't know why anyone would smoke tea, when it's already known that you have to prepare it in the old fashion traditional way in order to enjoy of its benefits. As for smoking it, it's pretty stupid, especially if we're talking about the more expensive types of tea.