An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

So who's bringing the drugs in this country?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by DK01, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

They figure it out. Look up about Mena, Arkansas. Guy had his own plane and was working for a cartel. I think he eventually got caught and did a deal. Threw the cartel under the bus for some kind of bargain. The cartel killed him eventually.
    California has tunnels from Mexico, I guess. They even showed it on that show Weeds, HBO. There are many ways they figure this out. I don't know the air ports don't seem to be to smart about these things. I mean we hear stories and see the news sometimes. But the last couple times I flew. I had some large bags of a powdered vitamin. It was just a plain ziplock. It was in my carry on. They didn't question it or check it. They would have realized it was just a vitamin, but they did not even pay attention to it. So, you do the math on that.
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Well.. in the north of mexico some people focus on growing poppy plants, because of the heroine business. Afghanistan used to be a great exporter of it. I'm not sure where they assemble the whole thing though... but I do know it's a complex process.
  3. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I remember seeing coverage of how Heroin was being grown in Afghanistan which has naturally growing opium poppy fields. It appeared that they were producing Heroin with the intention of flooding the streets of foreign countries in order to intentionally cause damage and addiction, kind of like a disguised or stealthy form of terrorism. At the time, something like 90% of the Heroin on the streets of the UK was coming from Afghanistan effectively meaning that Heroin users were supporting terrorism by using it.
  4. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

From what I've heard most of the heroin comes from Afghanistan. Few amounts of drugs comes from places like Mexico.
  5. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

The drug trade has the potential to make many persons very rich. Therefore, some people are prepared to pull out all the stops to be viable in the trade. They will pay public officials to further their interests they will kill, and even eliminate their own family members to get ahead. Therefore, they usually have an elaborate network of paid and loyal persons to watch their backs and that's why some of them can be so highly successful in the smuggling of drugs.
  6. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Rather than point fingers and start a blame game, it's better to just focus on solving drug problems. There will always be drug pushers, drug cartels, drug manufacturers and drug users. Authorities should target their whereabouts, eradicate their strongholds and confiscate as many drug supplies and paraphernalia as possible.