An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Something positive

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by DoxyMom, May 23, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@cheffy I appreciate the kind sentiment and I would be luring if I said I desire a substance,I hate every last one but I would also be luring if I said I don't fall back on them from time to time...why do I do this?I suffer from...."I can't stand my own reflection"at time's and it's been very hard to not get eaten alive by self hate since I lost my wife's so at time's I just keep destroying myself in the way I destroyed my marriage.....Its the ultimate dumb fuc*ing thing to do...pure ignorance and idiocracy
    deanokat and cheffy like this.
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

I will post on this later as it hits so close to home I want to make sure what I sat his not fueled by my own passion. But I am thinking hard about this.
  3. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

WHAT???
    Dean, what happened? Did you god forbid lose him?
    Oh I'm praying not.
    Lili
    deanokat likes this.
  4. liliann

@DoxyMom
    thats HUGE
    so proud of you!!!!
    DoxyMom and deanokat like this.
  5. liliann

hi @cheffy
    i had a hip replacement surgery a little over a year ago and the dr used suboxone which i THINK is almost the same as the subtext you said you are on. if you are on it currently and if it is the same, they are now using that as a great pain management. it worked for me. i had to really work on not doing the drug seeking and trying to justify it...thats me though.
    this time with my shoulder surgery i took the script for tramadol and been on it for 2 months approx. i had both rotator cuffs done. I'm now weening off and it isn't anything like opiate withdrawal although it is now considered an opiate. but I'm working and have been with an addictionologist from the beginning and sm listening to what she is saying and not drug seeking. i should be off by june 1...ugh. cash register honesty...i liked it even though it wasn't a real high...i like all pills but like being clean better.
    i hope you are out of pain.
  6. Joshstillclean

Subutex(Buprenorphine)....best thing for pain management....EVER. LIKE, EVER!
    cheffy likes this.
  7. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Yeah, it's that duplicity in nature that makes things kind of bad sometimes. Good/bad, love/hate, life/death, beautiful/ugly - all part of our abstract world, and to me, happy/sad, manic/depressed, full/empty are when it starts hitting closer to home. I think it's very important to experience one side to be able to conceive the other, and vise versa. There are so many of these Ying, Yang type things, that it leads me to believe It's just a fundamental requirement for the world to work the way it works. And if you can handle this duplicity, the world is yours for the taking.
  8. cheffy

Thanks for the reply! Sounds a lot like me - hip replacement, shoulder surgery, two knees, one elbow and 4 spine surgeries, and I still don't stand very straight. Though my hip was arthritic, hip replacement was not really needed, it was just a way to get more pills. I think that seeing an addictionologist is a really good way to go. I would not fear opening up so much about my history with someone like that, and I would trust that the doctor is doing the right thing much more. I was only ever given oxycontin, hydrocodone, morphine, and methodone, so I'm not sure what you mean about the suboxone. It sounds like suboxone might have been a smarter move toward the end for me, and I'll remember to talk to the doctor about that next time I have a surgery.
  9. Joshstillclean

For me, suboxone was like life back!
    Really I was so addicted that when I quit my kidneys shut down. If I kept,using my kidneys were gonna shut down. Suboxone saved me.
    I cheer for anyone wanting to give suboxone a try. But ONLY if they have been on hard pills. Hydros don't count. It sucks and im,sorry but your better off just quitting. Oxy though, that's another level of kissing heaven (if you've done it then you get my metaphor) I hope you don't get my metaphor. For your sake.
    But @cheffy if your thinking MAT look into it. Its changing the norm that's for sure.
  10. liliann

suboxone too is super addictive but if given short term and an immediate taper doesn't get me going to the street for oxy and me too morphine! and it blocks the effect of painkillers!
    i thought i read you were on something similar but i think i got posts mixed up or mis read it...in any case we all are on your side!
  11. Joshstillclean

Im confused. But I am on it. If your talking to me.
    cheffy likes this.
  12. liliann

ok so i didn't mis read it...i was confused too...still have a bit of brain fog and lots of posts together! lol
    actually josh i was talking to @cheffy. lol...what do they say? 9 years to unscramble your brain?
    i always like your comments. you sound like you are in the program. do you go to na? (for @Joshstillclean)
    Joshstillclean and cheffy like this.
  13. Joshstillclean

I'm into a lot of things. Honestly the only thing I can say i have stuck with at all times is Jesus Christ.
    Mostly im stuck in my head. I did go to AA a lot. I actually got VERY angry at an NA meeting. But I have been to my brother in laws AA and they were welcoming.
    But every time I feel like something is off its usually spiritual. If I turn to my Bible I can always finds answers there.
    cheffy likes this.
  14. liliann

what happened in the na meeting???
    you know who i find a lot of spiritual and very practical thinking solutions in? joel osteen. have you heard him?
    cheffy likes this.
  15. Joshstillclean

You mean the prosperity gospel?
    cheffy likes this.
  16. liliann

he is a pastor
    cheffy likes this.
  17. liliann

i see him on tv and listen to him on serius xm
    cheffy likes this.
  18. Joshstillclean

Well if you would like to have a serious discussion about him and his ministry I'm all for it. This forum is not the place for it though. One thing you will notice about him is he preaches absolutely nothing that offends anyone, ever.
    All things are acceptable. That is not the true way Christ preached while here on earth. And he will teach tell everyone what they want to hear. Im,not judging you at all. But I will tell you the truth and I might be persecuted for it. But that man and many like him sadly will lead people astray. PM me and I would lobe to,speak with you tomorrow about those if you want. Much love goes out to you.
    I once listened to him also. He is a false prophet. But I stop there. This forum is not for religious debate. Nor do I want to debate. But PM me and I do invite you to have a conversation with me about this.
    Sincerely-Josh
    cheffy likes this.
  19. liliann

20. cheffy

One interesting thing I've found is that there's no place in the bible that says alcohol and drugs are bad, no place that addresses any problems with those. Have either one of you seen anything like that?
    Joshstillclean likes this.