An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Something positive

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by DoxyMom, May 23, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I assume you have at one point or another gone through the licensing on your device?
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Of course.
    Ive been a good conspiracy realist!
  3. True concern

Ok then you know that t.v.is done by the same people, same code
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@True concern and @Joshstillclean... I just want you both to know how much I appreciate you guys. Your honesty, your insight, your caring for each other. It's beautiful, man. I'm so grateful to have you both here in this forum. :)
  5. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@liliann I just saw this lost. I knew Tramadol was an opiate as I would take a handful as a way to stave off withdrawal. I would taper them. Be careful. You got this.
  6. Joshstillclean

FYI they are also like an ssri though not technically in the antidepressant class. So they're with you more emotionally while coming off.
    I tell you this nor tobscare you but to prepare you.
    deanokat likes this.
  7. DoxyMom

Since this thread was originally about me not getting that Vicodin filled I have to tell you about yesterday. I went back to the dentist as the crown fell off. I told them to Xray my front tooth where I have a bridge as that is where it was hurting. We had assumed it was the crown area but I thought different as my nose hurt. Well it is infected still! Even though I took antibiotics. So I ended up getting a tooth pulled where the crown failed and then he cut my gum and went up under the bridge to do a root canal. He must of given me 10 shots of novacaine. This time she read my file and didn't give me anything. Let me tell you I was in tears last night I hurt so bad!!! I was this close to calling someone for something because I was in so much pain! It is better this morning. I'm sore but nothing like yesterday.
    cheffy and Dominica like this.
  8. deanokat

OMG, @DoxyMom! That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! You are one brave madre, that's for sure! And I'm mega proud of you for getting through the night without anything for the pain! I know that probably wasn't easy, but hey...YOU DID IT!!!

I hope your pain lessens today. If you need us, just come and post...and we will help you as best we can.

Big healing hugs coming your way!
    cheffy and Dominica like this.
  9. DoxyMom

It was horrible and my pain threshold which used to be high is out of whack thanks to my opioid addiction. The counselor who runs our group says he thinks the opioid addict should even be classified differently due to what happens to us. I don't hurt like I did but it is still sore and I'm eating soft foods and had to be careful brushing my teeth. I never had good teeth to begin with and opioids also do a number on them due to dry mouth. I almost want them yanked and get false teeth but my dentist keeps wanting to save the ones I have, I feel like it is a money racket. I have read people do regret it. I feel like get me dentures and be done with it. I won't have anymore pain and I'm done paying.
  10. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@DoxyMom bless it. i'm sorry you had to endure that pain.... proud of you for handling it so well. and i'm glad you're feeling better. i hear you about dentures, but also hear people say how uncomfortable they are. and implants are still pretty expensive... unless ya go to Mexico lol
    deanokat and cheffy like this.
  11. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

When I had shoulder surgery the anesthesiologist stuck this very tiny tube under my skin from my neck to the major nerve just above my shoulder and hooked up a ball about the size of a lemon filled with novacaine (under pressure) to numb that nerve. It lasted for three days - I could adjust the rate of flow and it worked great, making my whole arm numb. It would be nice if they could do that in the mouth at least to get by the first day or two. Then you just need to address the pain in your pocketbook...
  12. deanokat

How are you feeling today, @DoxyMom? I hope somewhat better. And I hear ya about the dentures. There comes a point where you have to start asking yourself, “Is it worth all this time/pain/money to maintain these teeth?” And, of course, the dentists think it is.

Happy Friday, my dear. Wishing you a glorious day and weekend! :)
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  13. DoxyMom

I'm still hurting and dammit no yellow! So, no urine test. I tell you I'm not a big drinker and it won't make me relapse so I'm havimg a few vodka's tonight when we go hear the band. My pain deserves it. I won't get tested till at least Monday and I need something to take away some of this pain. Of course tomorrow I will have more pain that will be self induced if I drink too many. LOL! :confused:
    Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  14. deanokat

Sorry you're still hurting, @DoxyMom. I hope the vodkas helped, and I hope you didn't overdo it! Here's to a better day today! :)
  15. Joshstillclean

its all just so true. and i'm sorry i haven't replied yet. with the new hardware i realize whenn i have missed a post. pretty cool! also it shows how many views and responses to the right. i could never see that on my old phone. i can see it on the new stuff though. so hopefully i'll be able to be more timely and spell better with the laptop. its so hard to not misspell words on that old phone i had. But i sure am grateful i had it.

anyway i hope you are feeling better now. pain is no fun when it cant be treated, well its not fun then either...
    i feel for you my finger is just now starting to let up on me a little.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  16. Joshstillclean

.....unless you go to Mexico!
    i want you to know that made me laugh so hard. i needed a laugh. i dont know why but i've been pretty tense today. robably gonna spend some extra time in prayer tonight... but i needed tha laugh bad.
    and that is just my kind of humor. you couldn't have said anything more perfect even if you knew me my whole life and were trying to cheer me up.

By the way, i really did have a friend try and sell a testicle in thialand. I'm not joking. He actually flew all the way there and the only reason he didnt go through with it was because they told him they could do local anethesia and they wanted to put him under. so he backed out.
  17. True concern

100000 views nearly it's mind boggling lol
  18. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

I'm glad that cracked you up! and, i never even knew you could sell a testicle! that's wild!!

i hope you're not as tense now.... were you able to settle down?
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  19. Joshstillclean

Sort of. I really wantdd to go on that vacation. But this other stuff came along. It's a blessing don't get me wrong there! If I do this right I'm set now and my son will not have to worry about work and he will be set. So definatley worth it.

I think a huge thing is that he's a 9 hour drive away. i just can't get to him fast if something were to happen. But he's with trusted family. So I'm probably just feeling normal feelings but they are new to me. This is the first time my son has been away from me since I've gotten clean and sober. Other than when i was in the detox facility.
    separation anxiety? isn't that a thing?
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  20. True concern

Indeed it is, but you are so much stronger now and your reasons today are good ones unrelated to addiction so I see that as not just being a real man but being a great parent