An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Something positive

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by DoxyMom, May 23, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Thank you. Just thank you...
    So many thoughts are running through my head and I really appreciate it and I needed to hear that.
    Because honestly I had no stopped to take a second to figure out if I indeed did do the right thing and should stop beeting myself up about it. Now I will.
  2. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I'm still having some pain but not as bad. I did over do it but anything more than two is over doing it for me. I did have a good time as the band was good and I danced.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

yes, separation anxiety is a real thing!!! i've been there.
    Joshstillclean, deanokat and cheffy like this.
  4. Dominica

so glad you had fun and DANCED. i think dancing can be therapeutic...we should do it more often...anywhere, anytime. :)
  5. Dominica

@Joshstillclean and you really ARE a wonderful father... kudos to you for that.
  6. Joshstillclean

Glad your back i had wodered what was going on. figured you were just busy. but glad that you are feeling somewhat better
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I don't know how to dance but I'm down,whenever you say let's dance I am more than happy to make an ass of myself lol
  8. Dominica

i don't think there should be a right or wrong when it comes to dance.... just move ;)
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

“Don't look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.” --Anne Lamott :)
  10. True concern

I can do that,"Just move"huh?I'm going to be dancing in my room later today,I'm a little down not to severe but it appears as if I'm going to have another surgery, this time for carpal tunnel but I don't see the neurologist for about three weeks or so to know for sure
  11. True concern

I like it,that simplifies the dance and keeps it relaxing which I believe is the point.
  12. Joshstillclean

I just combined Anne Lamott's advice with Dominica's Just Move, and found out I'm almost good enough to go pro.
    I bet America's Got Tallent comes through Atlanta...
    I also bet if you videoed me dancing it would go viral on YouTube overnight...
    Dominica, deanokat and cheffy like this.
  13. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

From what I remember they can do the surgery without anesthesia. For me, they gave me a choice of nothing at all, local, or knocked out. Of course at the time I chose the 'knocked out' version being that it was free drugs and therefore a free, super high quality high buzz. :) :(
    Dominica likes this.
  14. True concern

Ya my uncle had it done said it's like 6 stitches and all they did was cut a "band"and he said 12 hours later he had full mobility and feeling again so I'm optimistic, the shitty part is by the time the insurance gets the approval and I get an appointment it will probably be mid to late summer so yes it could be worse but I want it fixed NOW lol...that instant gratification mindset I guess
    Dominica and cheffy like this.
  15. Joshstillclean

I dont know if this one falls under that midset catagorie...
    It's your freaking hand. I would want it fixed ASAP also.
    Hang in there. I;m sure I'm sounding like a broken record saying that by now but at this this time it is all I have.
  16. True concern

Ya no doubt,I do most definitely need my hand like everyday,for nearly everything so A.S.A.P. is definitely best for me
  17. DoxyMom

I love the saying, dance like no one is watching.
  18. Dominica

@DoxyMom I also like the saying, Dance like EVERYBODY is watching ;) go for it! i went to a native american pow wow last summer...the dancing was AMAZING....
  19. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

I hadn't heard that one before. To me it means life is so short - dig in with all you got, be passionate about everything you do. Sometimes I have to remind myself to do that, but it's worth it, it's a good solid rule for me to follow.
  20. DoxyMom

So, I didn't know where to put this so I'm putting it here as it is positive and/or negative. Today at clinic there was a nice guy in front of me looking at his phone shaking his head. We have talked in line a few times. I asked him what was wrong and he said a guy he just gave $80 to for rides to the clinic texted him while he was in counseling that he couldn't wait and left him there!!! You have to go see your counselour and then dose. He just gave this jerk gas money and he leaves him. I felt so bad, I told him I would give him a ride home after I dosed. He insited on giving me $5. I tried to not take it but he was insistant because I did go out of my way. Here is the problem. He lives in the next town over in the same area I used to go to cop! Now, menopause and methodone makes me sweat but the closer we got to that area, the heat flashes were coming on so strong. We were talking so I just tried to keep my mind off of it by the conversation I had with him. I even told him, this is where I used to go to cop. He said he would like to move but can't right now. It took me about 15-20 minutes to do this for him. I'm glad I did a good deed but had no idea the impact it would have on me. I'm fine now, but whew! I'm lucky that I don't come in contact with people who use except for at the clinic and I don't know any of them so I haven't had too many triggers. I didn't have a urge to use. It gave me anxiety though.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.