An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Stealing

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Friend' started by sunflogun, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I know former drug addicts that use to steal. It's good that this man paid his dept to whom he robbed. Usually people don't trust former addicts, because of the things they did when they were strung out. There are people who turn there lives around, and are productive parts of society tho. It's good to hear stories like this.
  2. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

That's one good thing he did, trying to correct the mistakes of the past and returning what he stole. A lesson of humility and wanting a new life, I wish all could do the same.
  3. 6up

6up Community Champion

It is impossible to get money and yet you are on drugs and you have no work to do. You will opt to stealing so that get some cash for your dose. Most companies do not employ drug addicts making it impossible for an addict to make money.
  4. sunflogun

Yeah, you can steal, park cars, resort to prostitution, do whatever it takes. Seriously, one loses it's humanity.
  5. light

light Active Contributor

I think that people who act under drugs effect don’t act consciously. They steal even to their family and relatives even though if they were sober would never steal to somebody. I am glad it ended without resentment. And I think he did the right thing to return her money back because just justifying yourself sometimes is not enough. We understand that people are not themselves under any addiction so judging them wouldn’t be appropriate and we understand who they really are when they are sober and act consciously.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

It sounds as htough you have a really great group of friends there. Not many people would be so forgiving. I'm really happy your friend was given the chance to rectify his misdeeds. Hopefully, he's on the right track these days.
  7. JessiFox

JessiFox Active Contributor

Yikes...that could have gotten worse than just awkward. I'm glad that things worked out well and everyone was relatively cool about it. It's sad what people will do when they're addicted and not thinking like themselves.
  8. sunflogun

Yes, if those guys were violent things could have gotten messy, fortunately all was solved in a peaceful way, even if they never gotten to be friends. They did start off with the wrong foot! :)