An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Steering clear of negativity

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by kassie1234, Oct 24, 2015.

1. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

This one is so easy. It is your decision. Negativity is the main cause of all bad thing surrounding you. We all saw the documentary about law of attraction and it is yesterday news, but a lot of it is true. Think positive and your life will be like that. Test people around you. Not literally but pay attention on who is happy and who is not. Then pick one from both sides and speak with them. You will see the differences in everything. From opinion on life to music they listen and TV shows they watch.
  2. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

This is a cool pic. I believe they call this being sadistic. People that smile when another person is down. Down to their level. Hmmm its almost as if they want to put you down even lower than their level and this is some big thrill for them. Avoid them, yeah you can, you can always just pretend they are a tree. Lol although a tree has more kindness than these kind of people. Just always keep in mind that you can associate with whomever you decide. There's no law that says you have to be pals with everyone. If it compromises your well being, just do what suits you best.
    Yes the quote is true from Joe Peterson. I like that one.
  3. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Negativism is all around us, unfortunately. Sometimes you're unable to avoid it. At first it bothers you and makes you want to retaliate. But then you find out this doesn't work for you. That's when you learn that ignoring the negativity would benefit you in the long run. That's how we cope with things.
  4. 6up

6up Community Champion

Living with negativity means that you have lacked motivation and you can never succeed. You can motivate yourself and live positively. Don't engage yourself in projects that you are unsure whether they will succeed. Join friends positive ideas and I am sure that they will motivate you. Don't let negativity affect your progress.