An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Store bought marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Rosyrain, Jul 8, 2015.

1. movingforward1

movingforward1 Active Contributor

The marijuana that I purchased from a retail dispensary in Colorado was much more potent that what is sold as "regular" marijuana on the the street on the East coast. The type of marijuana commonly known as "loud" (or, rather, higher potency marijuana strains) are more similar to what is being sold in the legal states. The price per gram for this quality is much better in the states where it is legal, even taking into account the extra charges for tax.
  2. Shenwil

Shenwil Senior Contributor

Yes I imagine it should be expenaive but the quality should be no different from that on the black market. It may even be a better quality.
  3. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Logically, you would think that they would be selling it cheaper legally than it is on the black market in order to counteract users still buying it on the black market instead. Selling it for the same or a higher price kind of defeats the object because users are still going to go where they can get it cheaper. In the UK, the price ofmarijuana is at an all-time high and goes for £20 ($40) for less than one gram of bud. That price is stupendously outrageous but people still buy it. Alternatively, heroin can be bought for as little as £5 ($10)!
  4. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

It may be more expencive in stores, but most of the people will buy from the stores in the states where it is legal, just because it is legal, safer and easy to get.
  5. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

This makes sense, on the blackmarket the seller wants to turn a profit as quickly as possible because he might be limited in the amount of plants he can grow. The store or coffee shop marijuana has a steady stream of clients, so the quality has to be better if they want to keep their customers coming back.
  6. remnant

remnant Community Champion

The active principle in marijuana is called tetrahydrocannabinol. The difference between store bought and black market marijuana is that the concentration of the active principle in store bought marijuana is less. It also has the capacity to filter the toxic smoke as opposed to the crude marijuana in the black market. Marijuana impregnated cakes are all the range at present and are increasingly found in stores.
  7. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

I've been told it's much more expensive, however, it varies from strain to strain and also the location. My dad has a medical card and said that he will go out of his way to get a good deal. He has switched to edibles and is able to get a better price on those. It really just varies.
  8. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

This makes sense, the stores don't want a one time customer. Not only that but if the competition is high they have to distiguish themselves from the rest through the quality of their product.