An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

struggling putting one foot in front of the other

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by czoo3, Sep 4, 2015.

1. czoo3

czoo3 Member

Approx 8 years ago I started preparing for major back surgery. However it's been 3 since the surgery and I finally kicked the hydro habit 2 mths ago and now weaned off of tramodol 2 days now. I am struggling to stay sain and not running to the ER or Urgent care. Because I am not sleeping and very tired. I don't want to return to the life style and constantly seeing doctors only to be charged an arm and a leg.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Welcome @czoo3 3 How are you? The decision you have made to keep off tramadol and hydro is one of the hardest ones to do. But you purposefully and persistently did it to keep you free from their harmful side effects. Seek health care professional help and accountability partners --a group whom you can trust who will stay (alternately) with you as you go through the process of recovery. Be of good courage.

I hope to hear from you again @czoo3 !
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    pineywood likes this.
  3. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

Hello and Welcome!

Thank you for sharing your story. I can somewhat relate to your struggle about your visits to the ER. After my mothers battle with Cancer, she goes to the doctor several times a month for other ailments. Just two months ago, she went in for back surgery, then a week later after released I took her back for a ER visit.

Now, that I am out of town, I got a call from her about seeing another doctor for ankle surgery. I am already so concerned over the amount of medication she takes on a daily basis in conjunction with her attraction to seek attention through so many surgeries.

So, I know how much conviction and strength it takes for you to realize that your old lifestyle has taken such a toll on you. I hope you keep us updated and continue to reach out to everyone here on this forum, as you continue your journey!
  4. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Cz003, I have read your post a few times over and really didn't think I knew the right things to say. Reading it again, I still don't know how to advise you except to say remain strong and keep trying to do the best you can in the circumstances. I hope being here helps and that you can draw some strength from others like Pineywood who can identify with what you are going through. My prayers are with you.
  5. Jenga

Jenga Active Contributor

Wow. I hope you're doing okay. I've never had experience with hydro before, if I recall it's derived from codeine, but the withdrawal sounds horrible, especially for someone who's been on it for so long... Stay strong, it may feel like it will last forever, but this is the worst part!
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@czoo3... Congrats on getting off of the prescription meds! How are you doing now? When you get a chance, please check in with us and let us know.