New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

SUBCONSCIOUS ATTACK ON SOBRIETY

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by True concern, May 12, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

So as many of you know by now i have been posting all over the place offering advice,sharing,encouraging,listening,etc.In general i post alot of the same thing's over and over but add or subtract where i feel necessary.One thing i haven't seen or really touched on is subconscious and it's effect in addiction.I personally am pushing beyond any sober time I've had since the age of 6 as i was medicated with (Ritalin)which is a stimulant similar to meth,in my opinion identical but some feel differently.Have any of you noticed this or consciously been aware of the subconscious battle to prevent you from making a change in lifestyle?
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Josh111187 likes this.
  2. Josh111187

Josh111187 Active Contributor

Absolutely! You are so right when you say that. I do have a theory on this and I am a Christian so some may disagree with me. But I have noticed all 12 step programs speak to a higher power. I truly believe that that subconscious distractions are satans way of getting into our minds and chipping away at our willpower to not abuse as God wants us healthy and serving Him and in so serving others. When we use God's will for use goes down the drain as we all know. I'm glad you started this thread I'm interested to see what other people have to say.
    True concern likes this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern hey there. I do believe the subconscious mind is HUGE when it comes to what is playing out in our reality. I feel we are programmed quite a bit by the age of six.... we have a body, we have a mind and we have a spirit. the mind and what goes on there is very important. this is why recovery from faulty thinking or programming is important in addiction.... learning new ways... and even Christians... call the body the carnal nature and the bible speaks of the mind too... ask, believe, and then you will receive says Jesus. so the believing...the thought life... so important.

a belief is just a thought that you have been thinking over and over... and that is changeable.

good post.
    Josh111187 and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Ask,believe,and then you will receive.Thank you i needed that
    Josh111187 likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Terrific post, @True concern. Yes, the subconscious mind is a big factor in addiction. No doubt. Things become ingrained in our brain and cause us to act certain ways without us even realizing it. I believe that's one reason why recovery is such a challenge.
    True concern likes this.