An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Suboxone and Ritalin. Have to stop!

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Gooeyfied, May 31, 2017.

1. Gooeyfied

Gooeyfied Member

Hi all, this is my first post and It is basically my introduction. In a nutshell, I am 31, have a wife and 3 kids, great job, and pretty good life; however, for the last couple months I've fallen into another period of prescription medication abuse. I'm actually in an intensive outpatient mental rehabilitation program and on short term disability for next two weeks. I've been taking Ritalin for a couple weeks but last night I decided to take about 1/8th of a strip of suboxone. I also took an 1/8th this morning. Only the 3rd time I've ever taken it. Currently im having pretty bad anxiety and possible shortness of breath. I took Tylenol pm after therapy around 2 hours ago so I could sleep. I'm debating whether or not I should see a Dr. I'm leaning toward no because I'm starting to feel better. Anyway, I plan to keep the forum updated on my success and failures during this uphill battle I'm facing. Feel free to reply in any way you like. No offense will be taken
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Gooeyfied... Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. If that's the case, maybe hold off on seeing a doctor. But if you start to feel at all worse, definitely make that call.

I'm wondering: Was the Ritalin and Suboxone you took prescribed by a doctor? I'm guessing maybe the Ritalin is, but the Suboxone isn't. If that's the case, definitely lay off the Sub. After all, it is an opioid. If the Sub was doctor prescribed, you should for sure talk to your doctor about it. Also, if you have a therapist talk to them about your anxiety.

I hope you're feeling 100% again soon. Let us know how things go. And know that you can reach out and lean on us anytime.

Sending you positive, healing vibes.
  3. Gooeyfied

Gooeyfied Member

Hi! No, neither was prescribed. It's a new battle I've found myself engulfed in. I've stopped the Ritalin but have one strip of suboxone left. And I have 3 therapists I see as part if my intensive outpatient program. It's helping tremendously.
  4. Gooeyfied

Gooeyfied Member

Oh and the breathing problem was definitely anxiety. I managed to get some sleep and feel much better
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Gooeyfied... Glad to hear you're feeling better. It's probably a good idea to avoid taking meds that aren't prescribed by a doctor. But I'm sure you probably already know that. ;)

Keep doing the next right thing!