An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Suboxone Questions

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by Quarinteen, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Quarinteen

Quarinteen Member

Hello I am new here. I am happy I found this forum I have been looking for a while off and on for an active one. I became addicted badly to pain killers after a motorcycle accident. I found suboxone through a friend and was buying them from another friend in order to try and get myself off the pain pills. I finally decided to go to a doctor and get them prescribed to me. The doctor will not prescribe them though unless I attend AA meetings every week. He says this is a law? I cannot find any law that states you must attend meeting in order to be prescribed suboxone. I have a very hard time getting to and attending these meetings due to other medical problems. I’m not a well person at all health wise.

does anyone know if this is true? If so could you point me to the documented law? I live in Nevada I am not sure if he is claiming this to be a federal or state law. Thank you for your answers I appreciate any assistance
    True concern likes this.
  2. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I go to a methadone clinic where counseling is mandatory. We always talk about the doctors who prescribed suboxone that don't make people go to counseling. It is not a law but should be. If you just can't make it, find another doctor. But get some sort of therapy. The subs won't keep you clean.
  3. Distraught Sister

Distraught Sister Active Contributor

Suboxone should only be used for Heroin addiction - imo it kills you...metaphorically speaking.
  4. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

This isnt true. Heroin is very bad but prescription oxy is way worse....fentanyl is nearly 47 times stronger than heroin. Its prescribed.
    The scripts ate worse than the street stuff. I would know.
    I could have kicked the H honestly, if I hadn't gotten mixed up with fentanyl.
    And that's even stronger than suboxone.

I'm sorry about your brother but now, in today's time teal heroin is actually very weak compared to stuff people chase
    True concern likes this.
  5. brianbreaz

brianbreaz Member

My first suboxone clinic required a meeting per week and every week you missed they charged an extra $100. My current doctor only requires one per month and it can even be online. Also one of my friends doctors only requires one per month. I’m in Louisiana so I’m not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe call around to other clinics and see if you could find something better.
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

Personally I have never heard of such a law, also couldn't help but notice your name and the date this was posted..Its an odd coincidence that your name is what it is especially in the events currently taking place globally.Just caught my eye is all
  7. crys921219

crys921219 Member

It's not a law but they encourage it. The subs won't keep you clean you gotta do the work with it thats what he means. I've been taking suboxine for about 3 years now and I signed a form saying I will see a councillor. Talk to him and say you would rather do counciing (if you do) he might work with you do to your health issues.