An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Suboxone withdrawal

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Catherine93, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Airways.757

Airways.757 Member

Thank you very much. I'm not sure truly where this seriously all the sudden put of the blue inspiration came from to just quit but it has been on my mind for the past um 8 years lol. I never could do it before. I ALWAYS had a crutch excuse in my mind as why I wouldn't be able to quit. maybe it's the overwhelming information out there and if you run into that say oh you take Suboxone? Oh you'll never be able to quit that give you on that for life oh my God that drug is horrible holy crap I hear the withdrawals are worse than heroin I mean I've heard it all you know just like you guys have so I never wanted to go through it but I figured I just went the other day and spent almost $200 going to the doctor you know fill those pills and I was actually pissed off for once at myself. so last Tuesday after the weekend I just quit taking them the worst days to me I think it's kind of a blur but we're maybe like 3 through 5 possibly 6 those were brutal where I really truly felt I was constantly thinking in my mind about grabbing a pill but instead I leaned on my family I spent the whole weekend with my daughter I told my wife everything I was feeling I cried I got angry punched pillows I did push-ups just whatever I can do to get my mind off of it cuz I knew eventually it would stop. then I read some guy stuff on here where he was like you know your withdrawals your body f****** with your mind and you're Cravings are your mind messing with you. He is correct. if one can find the will to put Mind Over Matter really I don't think anything can stop us sometimes you just got to go through a little bit of pain to find some pleasure and this is my moment I reckon.
    Dominica, deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Congratulations on Day 8, @Airways.757! I'm proud of you, man! Just keep going!!! :)
    Dominica likes this.
  3. Catherine93

Catherine93 Member

That would be great if you could ask her about the book.. Thank you so much
  4. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Airways.757 i like your username!

late to this thread but wanted to pop in and say congrats on your decision to quit. you're doing great! and, i do believe mindset is huge... call it the placebo effect or "nocebo" effect... but thoughts matter. so, stay optimistic.

regarding feelings coming back or flooding you... it's a good thing...but if you find you aren't able to process or contend with the negative ones, you may want to consider seeing a good therapist. there are many techniques for dealing with negative feelings, PTSD, childhood trauma, etc. even beyond "talk therapy". worth thinking about.

awesome about the healthy diet. i believe that can help in various ways... and your cells thank you for it ;)

come here anytime. your story is inspiring. so happy for you and your family.

ENJOY...
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  5. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I did call her @Catherine93 and she that your symptoms,mirrored hers perfectly.
    I admit we got to talking and I honestly forgot to ask about the book. But I will still,find out.
    I did get this information from her though and I think that this is probably what you are experiencing. But it could be any number of things. I say probably because she was told that over about 16 or 18 mgs for a young healthy (still fertile, with normal stuff going on) female, a rapid detox was detrimental to the reproductive system. And endocrine system. She told me she ended up finding her answers at her gynecologist(female Dr. I don't know if I spelled that right).
    But her Dr had only heard about this and recommended her to a Dr who,had methadone experience. I actually happen to know this Dr. Her and her husband live very close to us.
    And she does deal with a lot of drug addicted and methadone/suboxone dependant women. She was also my next door neighbors obgyn When she had an opiate dependant baby.
    I don't wanna really get into the personal details on this forum but ill get the book and get back to you again. Ill try and do that tonight.
    But the gynocolgy route sounds like something you might want to check into. Sorry if this got to personal i didnt want to make you uncomfortable. At least you didn't have to hear what i heard from a good friend described as if I was totally like, dealing with it every month!!lol
    Just kidding.
    But it did get weird when she got into trying to conceive. Anyway ill post again tonight.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Catherine93

Catherine93 Member

I actually did loose my menstrual cycle for 6 months when i first went off! and I was convinced this was a hormonal issue! i did see gyro and endo and they did so many tests and couldn't find anything however doesnt meant there wasn't something off.. they basically said my body was in shock and under stress and i needed to figure out how to deal with the stress and anxiety. I eventually started a normal cycle ( more normal than i have ever been GO FIGURE) but i am starting to think this might be some kind of PAWS that comes and goes and def anxiety and stress. However.. i will take all the advice, recommendations, etc. I am not a prude so no worries about being personal with me lol.. I lost all modesty when i had my children lol.. thanks for the info again and lmk about this book:)! well wishes to your friend.. please let her know I am thinking of her and empathize as well
    deanokat likes this.
  7. Joshstillclean

Ill tell her and she is about to text me,about the book,any minute now.
    Just got off the phone with her.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Joshstillclean

Goodbuy Methadone, Suboxone, and Subutex.
    This is the book she gave me its really more about how to taper properly so you don't get all screwed up (her words not mine).
    But I had my own problems so I agree.
    She recommended this website.https://www.sochealth.co.uk/sp/dr/the-unspoken-truth-about-how-suboxone-affects-your-sex-life/
    Im about to check it out myself. I haven't looked at it yet. I wanted to go ahead and get this to you. So...yeah I haven't read it so I can't voucher for it.
    But she is an intelligent woman.
    deanokat and Catherine93 like this.
  9. Joshstillclean

Looks like guys need to read this!
    deanokat likes this.
  10. Catherine93

Catherine93 Member

I have def heard this from so many professionals.. even my pharmacist.. that i came off WAYY too fast.. and was under the care of a "professional" but now its two years too late? it scares me that im stuck...and I will never go back
  11. Joshstillclean

I was impotent for months. Mabey you are ok. You yourself said that you were more regular than you were before.
    And it wasn't just sexual issues I had for a long time either. It was many many issues
  12. Airways.757

Airways.757 Member

It's day 12 yall! We went to the beach yesterday and it was so much fun! I haven't thought about Suboxone in a few days. I've sleeper the past 2 nights with interruptions. Well, except for the wife shaking me because I was snoring. Guys and Gals. This was so much easier than I ever dreamed it could be. I don't feel bad at all! My stomach being sour for a few days was the worst part (after the 3 thru 5 days). I am completely thru with them. If I can quit cold turkey after 8 freaking very very long years of use then anyone here can quit. I have faith in all of yall. Maybe not cold turkey if that's not your thing but for me I wanted to get it over as fast as possible.

I still can't believe how string that drug is and how much it grips the mind. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed by the FDA.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. Joshstillclean

I'm really happy for you. Really happy.
    I think you went into your detox with the right mindset.
    And eating right has a lot to dobwithbit also. Actually eating right helped me a lot too. As I crave whole foods and fruits and vegetables naturally. They Don't have to be forced on me. And it really makes a difference especially since the majority of problem as stem from the gut.
    Man Im,so happy for you.
    I know that sleep felt good. Thank your wife man. In telling you from experience having her there and supportive sure made a difference. In not sure how much of a difference because my case was the opposite.
    But I'm pretty sure a difference on the immense side of the scale. Like an epic huge difference.
    In happy for your family. This is the kind of story that keeps me from throwing my phone at the wall.
    Your post has lifted my spirits brother.
    deanokat and Airways.757 like this.
  14. deanokat

This is such wonderful news, @Airways.757! Congrats on Day 12!!! So happy to hear you've had good sleep the last couple of nights, too. Sounds like you've turned a corner for sure. Keep doing the next right thing, my friend! Your story is inspiring! :)
  15. Airways.757

Airways.757 Member

Day 14 and going strong. I've lost 10lbs from this ordeal but I'm glad. I've been eating big bowls of fruit each morning is probably why. Plus, I am doing around 100 push ups a day. My wife is happy lol. She said my arms and chest look great so that's inspiration for me alone. I'm completely OK now other than my body's always riding itself of everything if you know what I mean. Maybe that's a good thing because it was always a struggle on subs.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my posts. It helped more than you know. My plan is to count my days off until I reach day 30 and then I am going to stop and completely REMOVE and thoughts or memories of ever taking subs for those horrible 8 years.

I can PROMISE you all that if you want to make that leap to RID YOURSELF of the GRIPS of SUBOXONE you CAN DO IT! It was not at all as bad as I thought it was going to be I've heard all the horror stories and what pisses me off the most is I actually BELIEVED them. The only one true for me was the restless legs that as of day 8ish pretty much has completely stopped.

You have to think of this if you even have a slimmer of WILL to quit. 1 week. Give your body 1 week of struggling to GAIN BACK YOUR LIFE! That is what I told myself to keep going and IT IS what got me to where I am now. Please remember that. It won't kill you. It wont. You will survive and you will feel much better. I think clearer and have many more emotions back than I had before. I remember more clearly than I did and I have more ambition than I had. I'm laying in bed after working all night installing 2 aircraft engines and I was as OK then as I am now. I wouldn't and won't trade my current state of sobriety for anything. I WON. I DID. WE DID. because I think that for every 1 person that gets sober from this support is a win for all of us.

I am fling to remain here for hall and will tone back my experience and try to encourage more people to take that leap! Do it for yourself or a loved one. That's what I did.

Chris.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  16. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Airways.757 congrats on 14 days! that's huge! very happy for you and your family. you do have a strong will. that's great. our thoughts do matter...and having a strong support system can be so helpful too. glad you have that with your family.

thank you for the update and for sharing your journey here with us. we appreciate your presence here.

and wow, 100 push ups a day does deserve some applause! :D
  17. deanokat

Two effin' weeks, @Airways.757!!! You are THE MAN!!! Just. Keep. Going.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  18. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

i miss you josh!!!
    it is such effort to sit and type. the cushings kicks up every little thing wrong with me like arthritis in my fingers and neck so its so uncomfortable.
    i'm gonna lean on you next week! i still have your cell for an er call!
    xo
  19. Defamous

Defamous Member

Need to up the dose. Simple as that, unless you have any underline problems, then talk to your doctor
  20. Defamous

Defamous Member

Been using suboxone strips for 4 years, one per day. The only time I would get sweaty is when I forgot a dose or tore in half and forgot to take the other half later in the day Suboxone has saved me from disaster. Probably take rest of my life, considering I’m in my mid-50s and it’s not affecting my liver or other organs (don’t drink or smoke, never did) I don’t see myself trying to ween off in the future