An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Substance use and addiction

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by ryanwil, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Of course it makes a difference. It helps people to understand they are not the only one going through this and there is help out there all you have to do is change your way of thinking about life.

Its simple if you look for bad things you will find them and if you look for the good things in life you will find it too. Its our perception.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

Man all my friends vanished when I got married, 15 years later all my friends were family friends, separation and now I literally talk to only people on this site,I have no social life because now I take care of disabled parent's and siblings..so this is all I really do everyday....no need to respond typing it I could feel the pathetic radiating off the touch screen lmao.Anyways take care bro
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

I heard that my post have been the reason for around 20'000+ hotline calls at the top of site and or directly responsible for many of that number checking into a rehab and I am blessed to be alive causing something good
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  4. Onceaddicted77

I dont have many friends either. I seem to lack the social requirements to make connections. I have 1 friend actually.
    True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

Although on xbox1 endless friends I bet lol
  6. Onceaddicted77

Nope just me and one friend play some coop on some games but regular multiplayer not a chance lol
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Multiplayer I use to have a full friend list but I played Black Ops with some of the best players in the world.First person shooters I smash at one point I was ranked 3rd in the world lol,I miss it but it consumed me kinda like this site does now
  8. Onceaddicted77

I have a engineer and scientist brain most people probably think I'm weird because I think to technical about everything. It's hard for me to process emotions or feel other peoples emotions. For me every question has a logical solution.
    True concern likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Thank you for sharing that,and in reality your correct every question must have a logical answer(Cause and effect)
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

I wasn't always this way but I can read a post and visualize the scenario I'm reading as if I'm watching it live,then from there I can feel the emotions from the incident in the story and respond like I was there with the person, very odd I was always told that isn't man shitt only women can do that....But then again I was beat for 16 year's so not sure that's exactly man shitt either
  11. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I feel bad that I laughed as hard as oh did when unread the habbot click remark.
    I imagined someone thinking "damm! This fools gonna die...fock that shiit!"
    And then clicking like- that's just messed up, but it was hilarious in my head...

On a serious note I'm glad that you have your emotions back. I think they were boiling over by the time you got sober and could express them.
    True concern likes this.
  12. Joshstillclean

I am envious of you man-being able to be off of that bupe. I tried so hard, Heck i flatlined durring the hardcore part of my detox. You know you want sobriety if you are offered methadone and choose to stick it out to the point of flatlining instead.
    And that's what I did...only to find out 4 months later about my kidneys. I cannot describe how depressed that made me.
    I am largely over it now, don't think ill ever be ok with it though. But anyway why did you say it worked for a month? I know just on the 2 mgs of bupe I take I feel less emotion (some days I take 3 mg for pain) and on 3 mg days I am emotionally dead.
    So if you are off did you have rebound emotions and then you stopped feeling again?
    I think what I'm getting at is did the opioid use put you in a permanent state of not feeling- if so I'm f#cked.
  13. Onceaddicted77

That's almost what it feels like in a way. Like I went back to normal of not feeling alot again.
    I honestly think I need to see a psychiatrist maybe I'm suppressing something I dont want to feel. So tired of feeling like an android. Like I can be happy and feel but I just cant connect on a emotional level with people and my wife.
  14. Joshstillclean

Arthur starring at screen..."THREE HOURS LATER..." Arthur staring at screen spongebob doing something stupid in background...
  15. Joshstillclean

That is the main reason I started drinking. It got me social-quickly backfired- but it made me want to talk to people. My old head doctor said I have repressed memories...I don't believe that tho. I think I'm just a loner.
    Bupe does NOT help tho
  16. Onceaddicted77

Yep me too. Drugs and alchohol allowed me to be who I wanted to be for a short time anyways, then it turns on you. Yea I'm a loner too
  17. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I’m sharing again what I had written recently, but adding the word SPIRIT that comes from the Latin spiritus. I didn’t use this word because I’m not religious, I avoid debate on religion, especially monotheism. I’m spiritual from before *birth based on my ancestors aboriginal culture.

Carl Jung said,“Alcohol in Latin is “spiritus” and the same word for the highest religious experience as well as for the most depraving poison. ... God's angelic forces of good (“spiritus”) battle the devil's infernal forces of evil (spirit alcohol).

Here’s my share. “I believe that addiction has a purpose and that’s recovery from the material world that blocked my unsuspected inner resource, my spirit, which was with me *before birth. I had a spiritual awakening is a result of my addiction. Therefore, addiction is a delivery system into spiritual reality, which is the ONLY reality”.
  18. Onceaddicted77

I like that, I can relate. I'm not into religion either but I do however believe in a creator I call him god I'm sure he has many names. He is the supreme intelligence and the cause for this effect the universe, it cant be held to chance as chance dosnt really exist only cause and effect. Something has never been created out of nothing and without a cause.

I believe the one in charge of my reality is my spirit whether that spirit lives on or not after death of the body I cant be totally sure but it would make sense too as it would give us purpose. To grow our eternal knowledge of love and compassion and to evolve to the next stage of universal understanding through suffering.

I believe we must give up the love of material things to better our spirits, for the love of Matter will keep you still.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  19. Onceaddicted77

I love to read things that challenge my way of thinking I appreciate your posts. If we are closed off we are incapable of learning.
  20. Joshstillclean

I agree and I want to point out I believe that that desire of some to want to close off-shut down...all of us really at some point- is also a SPIRITUAL battle.
    There to test us and see if we look and LEARN (better ourselves) or look and observe, therefore remaining stagnant.
    Very insightful thoughts here from everybody. I'm enjoying every ones thoughts.