An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Sunshine After The Rain!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Daniel Lucky, Oct 14, 2014.

1. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Those poems are really beautiful and inspiring, thanks for sharing those in here. :)
    So true that there will always be sunshine after the rain and even after the storm. It may take a long time but it will certainly come.
  2. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Did that person fighting addiction really wrote that poem all by himself/herself from scratch? That is quite impressive. It is amazing how the recovery process can cause our brains to produce such beautiful and inspirational literary pieces. It is unlikely the poem would have ever seen the light of day, had the person not gone through so many ordeals. How complicated the human mind can be.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

That's a very beautiful and inspiring poem.

Of course, there's always sunshine after the rain. Just keep on being positive. ;):)
  4. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Was it Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears at the door? Long poem.
    "You promised me heaven and sent me to hell
    You ruined my life and then wished me well
    "
    Does that really happen? If someone seems to have ruined someone's life. Would they wish you well? Being with someone might be like heaven. Telling them to go to hell might not be nice. Someone you want to be with, you'd wish they stay. Tell the to go to hell and obviously you don't want them. If someone said they feel like they are ruining your life. Maybe because they are.
    This is the most interesting part of this poem to analyze. Promising heaven is an illusion. Breaking up with them sends them to their own personal hell. No one ruins your life unless you "allow" them to. If it is so awful, you let them go. When it's all said and done, you should wish them well, and have some respect for them.

The rest of it is all about addiction. The metaphor of the phrase; "promised heaven and sent me to hell...." what drugs promise and what they actually do if you go too far.
    "so I grabbed my money and I said ok" consent.
    "my friend suddenly changed, her face became ugly" The abuse and overuse of drugs, in the metaphor of a relationship turning sour.

The poem is a complete metaphor of the relationship with drugs. The reality of this is how there is a promise of heaven and sending to hell. It's all in what you do with it really. Drugs or a relationship. It's certainly what you make it. Nobody and nothing sends you to hell like someone does of themselves. Because there can be one that can take a sniff or pill and feel heaven. Never touch it again. Not let it ruin their life. People do it to themselves, not the drug.
  5. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I only just saw this thread so I'm a little late to comment - but what a wonderfully written piece. It certainly illustrates just what can happen with addiction but I love that it had a hopeful touch to it as well.