An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Swallowing of cocaine pellets

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Davienna, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

I thought the practice of swallowing cocaine pellets was somewhat dead but there was a case here a week ago, where one of our local Jamaican actors swallowed some pellets and one burst inside him, killing him almost instantaneously. In previous years, women used to even get pregnant to swallow drugs then transport them to other countries inside their bellies for a hefty price. What a hefty price it is, to lose your life for a little money.
  2. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

This just goes to show the extent to which some people will go just to earn a few bucks. Life is priceless and no matter the kind of hardship that one is going through is no reason to risk your life.It's not worth it.
  3. Davienna

He wasn't even in such a bad financial standing either, so it was out of pure greed he acted.
  4. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Active Contributor

Persons are still trafficking drugs out of the country and the ways by which they doing it is just unbelievable at times. A wheel chair bound man was caught with it strapped under his chair in the summer, another with it in some carbolic soap and it continues...
  5. Davienna

On most occasions they even end up getting caught so I really can't understand why they are still doing it. I guess money is the motive and it causes them to go way over board, not caring about their health or their future. Funny enough though, most of those that smuggle drugs don't even use it because they know the effects of smoking it. It is so weird to me as carrying it inside is even far more deadly.
  6. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

Unfortunately, money is a huge driver. Perhaps you have a family to take care of, perhaps you have a dream that can be achieved. I guess a person just looks at that money and decides that his life will be worth it. They're worth more, so more and more risks are taken.
  7. Davienna

I would rather live and make my family happy than die and make them rich and unhappy. Now all has been lost and there is no turning back.
  8. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Well I don't understand it either, you know, how some individuals wouldn't mind tainting themselves this way despite the knowledge that there might be no return on the effort invested. I guess when humans are cornered, it's not that easy to make them see reason. There has to be a stronger will at play. Otherwise, the victim would lose to his addiction.
  9. Davienna

Similar to many of those who do suicide bombings, they die to make their family rich. They get paid to kill other people and sacrifice themselves in that event. I am sure my family would prefer to stay poor and have me around than to get a little money and lose me. I guess he was more thinking of self though as in this case, his family did not even know he was doing it and I do wonder if it was his first time too.
  10. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

You always hear about cases of individuals trying to smuggle drugs by ingesting them in little baggies or in pellets, or whatever. Many times you'll wind up hearing about those stories because the container burst and sickened or killed the person that was trying to transport them. It's a tragic story that often does amount to a person trying to feed their family one way or another (by transporting drugs, in this case).
  11. Davienna

There are several ways to feed one's family but the majority do it out of greed. They believe in living life in the fast lane, instead of working and being patient enough to let things flow. Putting one's life at risk in such a negative way to feed one's family is definitely not worth it. Now that he is dead, they will still be eating. He could've been alive and giving them what much he could afford to, legally.
  12. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

Well I had a relative who died in this way before I was born. I was told he swallowed the pellets of drugs and then had hot tea to drink after. They say that the tea caused the bags to burst and then he started feeling ill but refused to tell people what was wrong and soon died in hospital. There are many people who are just greedy and need quick riches and so risk their lives in the process.
  13. HugsNotDrugs

HugsNotDrugs Active Contributor

Unfortunately this is still one of the best methods of trafficking drugs as drug dog can't smell inside your body. So I don't see this trend ending any time soon. Many of these "drug mules" are very poor or involved in the local drug gangs and either need the money so bad they'll risk it or are worried they or their families might be killed if they refuse.
  14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Community Champion

It does seem ridiculous for someone to take that risk for such a little reward. Especially since he was apparently already well off & wasn't doing it to feed his family or keep them safe like many others have done in the past. Is it worth the risk? Well, clearly it wasn't worth the risk for him. He lost his life.
  15. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

You never know what can go wrong, and anything happen and also it is a drug that can even take a life which can be sad when a person loses their life to drugs. Some people get involved due to easy money and could be forced, to take drugs or sell them and be the front man for it. It is interesting, how some can ruin their life over this and don't think about what could happen and also lose money in this.
  16. timelord731

timelord731 Senior Contributor

The lengths that people will go to for money are truly astounding. That is just a shame.
  17. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

That is some risky business, I also thought that, people were done doing that , but it seems as though they are not done yet, as risky as it is, people are still wiling to take a death chance and try it out, it is all sad.
  18. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

A sad story indeed. I watched a movie about this once, and it was crazy what these people did. Some were even forced to do it. I bet being forced to smuggle drugs in this way or others is a real threat not just movie content.
  19. May102014

May102014 Active Contributor

One there is an ongoing market this practice will continue. These carriers will do all it takes to risk their precious life for money that will eventually dissolve. It happens a lot, some just get lucky while other are not, I guess they are thinking of the pros and not the cons when they decide to take up these offers.