An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Synthetic Marijuana..

Discussion in 'Designer Drugs (Synthetic Marijuana, etc.)' started by frogsandlegos, Nov 1, 2014.

1. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

In my country New Zealand it was banned in July in 2014 but people have still been selling it by Facebook or changing the names like Tai high juicy fruit is one name and people may think it is a lolly or fruit juice. Investigation going on to online sales, and people getting around the law to sell it in the black market and two students were brain dead in a school last year so may never have a normal life. I think drug dealers only care about profit not about if it is safe to use the drug and who is watching them and is the person buying it a cop or a person who needs the drug for themselves.
  2. Clair

Clair Member

I hate that this drug is easoly accessible to teens and that it is not detected in the urine! I hope something is done soon to stop all this consumption on chemicals how many more teens need to die to get this dealt with? I think schools instead of having law enforcement or other law abiding citizens give speeches they should have ex-convicts that have changed their lives after jail. I think they will have a better understanding from listening to someone who has already gone through this because the fact is once drugs consume you you either end up on the streets, jail or dead!
  3. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I've never had of synthetic marijuana before. But i guess it could be alot harmful given that it has been laced with chemicals. I would prefer that for anyone who has the craving for marijuana to go for the natural one instead of the synthetic one if they can't stay without smoking it.
  4. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

It hasn't been laced with anything. The chemicals are the cannabinoids.
  5. Coltodor

Coltodor Member

I saw a news report on it a while back. Apparently a mother was going on a campaign to ban synthetic marijuana because her son die. Best not to get involve.
  6. rubydust

rubydust Member

A lot of people use them because certain types are legal. Many people are unable to smoke cannabis because they fear criminalisation if they are caught. I became addicted to synthetic cannabinoids. I thought it would be similar to smoking weed, but it was in fact very much stronger. It quickly became a daily habit. Because it was so easily accessible and I didn't have to visit a drug dealer to buy it, it was too tempting for me.

It was very difficult to stop. The withdrawal symptoms were horrid.

I watched a television documentary about it's use in the UK. I was shocked to see how many other people had become addicted to it, and how many people had gone to prison because their addiction made them steal to feed their habit.

I wish the government would just legalise cannabis. Then people wouldn't want to use synthetic chemicals. I would advise anyone who is considering trying this, don't do it!