An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Talk to me I am here to help

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Oct 8, 2014.

1. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Hi everyone! My name is Tasha and I am here to help and support those in need.
    Addiction is a terrible thing not only for those who have it but for their families too.
    By being on the site, you are working towards a better life, so Congratulations for taking this step.
    Joseph likes this.
  2. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Hi tasha, welcome to the forum! Thank you very much for your support. I know that you'll be able to help a lot of people here. We're glad to have you!
  3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Contributor

Hi tasha its so great to have someone who knows about addiction and can be of help is a huge benefit. I never really had been addicted to anything I just never been with anyone who was addicted to drugs or alcohol.
  4. tasha

Thank you for the welcome! I hope I can help
  5. tasha

Hi thank you for the welcome!
  6. Igotthebuzz

Igotthebuzz Member

Every now and then my body hurts. Oneday it's my heart that slightly aches. Other days is another organ. I'm afraid of the things that it can be. I just want to narrow down the things that I can be
  7. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Welcome, Tasha!
    tasha likes this.
  8. tasha

If you have given up alcohol or drugs then your body will take time to heal as it has taken a beating for so long. Heart pains can also happen as it is a shock to the system giving up, especially if you have done it drastically. Just make sure that you do moderate exercise and that you take it easy for a while so that your body can recover.
  9. caparica007

caparica007 Active Contributor

Great intro, sometimes having someone to talk to can make the whole difference. ;)
    stariie and Jen S. like this.
  10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Contributor

You are very welcomed. I just want to make sure you did not feel alone here. So how do you like this forum thus far tasha?
    Joseph likes this.
  11. tasha

I still have to get through so much here but so far I like it!!
    Joseph likes this.
  12. tasha

Thank you! I hope so and always willing to listen.
    Joseph likes this.
  13. caparica007

No problem, many people want to talk, but don't feel comfortable doing it with just anyone, so we need to know how to position ourselves so that can happen.
  14. tasha

It is good to have a support system where you can speak your mind and feel comfortable doing it. Opening up is difficult especially when it's someone that you don't know but it does make it easier than sitting in a cold office with someone writing down everything that you say and watching your every movement to analyse you. Once you have left there it is often without a sense of success and with a network of people who can give you a goodmorning cheer and lisen to how you feel without judgement is terrific.
    Joseph likes this.
  15. Joseph

Joseph DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hi, tasha. It's great to see forum members like you stepping forward and offering to support other people in need. That's exactly what we envision for this community and you're setting a good example. Take a look at the Become a Community Facilitator thread.

Also, I'm moving this to our new Inspiration and Encouragement forum where we hope to see more members like you stepping up to offer support to others. Thanks again!
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  16. Nick W.

Nick W. Community Listener Community Listener

Take things slowly my friend. Your body is in recovery mode and it's going to take time. Not being used to feeling healthy can be just as nerve racking as being unhealthy. These new feelings could be normal, or they could be something else. It's best to make sure you're communicating effectively with your primary care provider, as well as doing some simple things like filling your body with the right kinds of fuel, drinking plenty of water and flushing toxins out of your system. Don't push yourself too far for too long. Listen to what your body is saying and take it from there. Best of luck!
    Joseph likes this.
  17. tasha

Thank you! I am here to help especially people who dont feel comfortable in a public group or cant reach out and go for help. I will do my best to help and support wherever I can.
    Joseph likes this.
  18. caparica007

I agree, I feel that all of us that are here in the forum are available to listen and to help in anyway we can, that is why this is such a great community. Checking out those links you posted. ;)
    Joseph likes this.
  19. sadiemarie

sadiemarie Member

Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate the support! For me I am struggling from depression. I also have a hard time making ends meet which doesn't make me feel much better. I wish I knew what I could do to feel better.
    Joseph likes this.
  20. Nick W.

Nick W. Community Listener Community Listener

It's important to realize that you're not always going to feel better. You're going to have ups and downs, that's the nature of life. It's how you deal with those ups and downs that is going to make all the difference in the world.
    Joseph likes this.