An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Talk to me I am here to help

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kevinkimers

kevinkimers Community Champion

That is awesome Tasha and happy to have you here. The one wonderful thing about forums such is this is that people who have a hard time talking about their addiction find that they can talk about it with people they can't see or who can't see them. It's almost like writing in a diary and handing it to someone to read without you there. You want them to know but you feel the shame of what you've done and so this way gives them a little bit of autonomy.
    Joseph likes this.
  2. megankl

megankl Active Contributor

Thank you for the little message! It is always great to know that there are people there to talk to! Your an awesome person!
    Joseph likes this.
  3. caparica007

caparica007 Active Contributor

That's right, that is why I love the expression one step at a time and don't look back, we need to build on what we have achieved to overcome the bad days.
    Nick W. likes this.
  4. Daniel Lucky

Daniel Lucky Active Contributor

Great support from family and friends really help. Also support from those who really want to help those struggling is a big help. Thanks for caring and being a support factor in someone lives. This site gives out a lot of information on staying sober and encouraging those who need help.
    Nick W. likes this.
  5. caparica007

caparica007 Active Contributor

This site is the best for anyone looking for help and that it's still too "shy" to reach out, they can do it here anonymously and start to change their lives.
    Nick W. likes this.
  6. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Making ends meet is a problem for most of us. What you need to try to do is to live one day at a time. It is difficult to do that but thinking about each and every future or past moment will add to your worries whereas worrying about today, today can make a difference to each day that comes. Get some sunshine, take a walk and let go of the day before you go to bed because there is nothing that you can do to change the day, from your bed. A new day will dawn and you can face the new day, stronger and ready to take it on!