An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Thank you all for being here!

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Loved One' started by Momma9, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

I just wanted to say I am so glad I found you all! Being married to an alcoholic, having a meth addicted daughter, and an addictive personality myself, the support here is very helpful!! I hope others can find these boards and get support as well. Difficult situations are much easier to handle and deal with when you have some support. In-person support is not always possible, so this online forum is a great thing! Thank you all for sharing your stories and offering advice based on your own experiences. I know it can be painful sometimes, but it can change lives for the better!!
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Momma9... Thanks for those beautiful words. I am glad you found us, too. :)
    Lostboy8731 and Momma9 like this.
  3. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I am glad you @Momma9 have people whom you can rely on here, though not physical shoulders to cry on or discussions over a cup of tea; our words can travel through continents and act like a blanket wrapped around you to give you warmth and assurance when it seems the world does not care.

Thanks to the people who set up this forum; they have touched so many lives in diverse ways.
  4. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

You are so very welcomed @Momma9. We appreciate your contributions that you have shared as well.
    Lostboy8731, deanokat and Momma9 like this.
  5. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I am glad that the people of this group are able to help you and you have a place that you can come to and talk and get advice. There are so many wonderful people on here. I feel the same way. I came here feeling alone and frustrated and they have helped me so much. I could never thank them enough. My life and my husband's is so much better now. For a long time I never thought I would ever be able to say that.
    Lostboy8731, deanokat and Momma9 like this.
  6. smartmom

smartmom Senior Contributor

Addiction is very painful! I am glad that you found a place to share your situation. I hope that things get better for you and your family. Its always great to know that someone is there. Its also great to know that there are others that understand what you are going through. You hang in there!
    Lostboy8731 and deanokat like this.
  7. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Positive vibes and many prayers coming your way. Hope things get better and remember this place is full of support and love
    True concern and deanokat like this.