An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Thankful for seeing peace

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by MrsJones, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

I'm thankful for seeing peace on my husband's face through his recovery these past fifteen years. I'm thankful that I'm one to witness and be a part of his recovery. I'm thankful that he has found a path that has instilled in him a better way to deal with life's ups and downs. I'm thankful that our marriage and friendship has survived the transitions to get this far. I'm thankful that my family is getting to know my husband better even though there are things that he does or says that may rub them the wrong way. They've always had to deal with the dark side.

Tis the season for being thankful. What say you?
  2. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Happy Thanksgiving! :D
    Those are really things that you should be thankful for.
    MrsJones likes this.
  3. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Congratulations to you and your husband for making it together through the trials that come with his recovery. Indeed, you have a lot to be thankful for. I'm sure your husband is grateful to you for staying with him during his ups and downs. It is not an easy task, I know as I have seen that with my sister-in-law and her husband.

Every single day is thanksgiving day! For the good health, life, jobs, safety, family togetherness and the list to thank God and our family and friends for goes on and on...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    MrsJones likes this.
  4. Serena

Serena Active Contributor

I am glad to hear that your husband is in a good place now. Peace is always a good thing to be thankful for because some people do not even have that. I am also happy to see that you have been such a supportive wife and that you have stuck by your husband's side in the good times and in the bad times. Support is important when trying to fight addiction. I am thankful for good health.
    MrsJones likes this.
  5. valiantx

valiantx Community Champion

Tis always a thankful day to be alive and well in my opinion. Glad you, MrsJones, is doing great and that your husband is overcoming his addiction. I've been through my rough and tough times, and a few of my family members and friends have seen similar struggles, but we've all managed to get thus far despite our challenges with drug addictions. Nowadays, the only present I ask for is to be present.
    MrsJones likes this.
  6. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I know what it feels like to be hopeless and at those times the light at the end of the tunnel just doesn't seem like a very believable idea, so actually being there decades later is really something to savor and to be thankful for. I'm personally just thankful that I'm still here, alive and well, because as long as I'm alive and kicking then the possibilities are endless.
    MrsJones likes this.