An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Addicted Canadian "terrorist"

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by JonnyMacdonald, Jul 14, 2015.

1. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

2. Auril

Auril Active Contributor

Ok...if someone is going to PRETEND to be a terrorist, they are even more pitiful that a real terrorist first of all. It says the doctor who evaluated him says he's a good candidate for rehabilitation - yes, perhaps from his addiction but he needs to be locked away for good for the terror plot. If he would go that far, I don't think you can blame his actions 100% on his addiction. He's a danger to the public.
  3. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Yes, you really need to wonder just where someone's head was at to do something like this. Sounds like sheer utter desperation to me. Honestly I would say that I am shocked but addiction does crazy things to people, you know? People steal from their families, for instance, so whilst this seems more out there it's not a surprise the level someone would stoop to.
  4. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

It's crazy the extremes addicts can go to so they can "stay high."

Much as the doctor who evaluated him says the addict is a good rehab candidate, attempted murder is quite serious. Yes addiction is an illness and addicts shouldn't be locked up but this one needs to be thrust into the slammer for a really long time because should he relapse after treatment . . .