An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Amazing Tragic

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jeffbovee, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

I just joined at the suggestion of a close friend. I have two years clean. It was a miracle and I put in a lot of hard work. Everyday is a gift and blessing from where I was and put myself through. I always thought I would just be an active addict until I was in the grave. I'm putting this out there because I have a memoir that I want people to read. It is not a unique story but it may help people who feel there is no hope at the very bottom. It's all about helping the people who feel there's no where to go and feel trapped. God bless and keep you always......
    THE AMAZING TRAGIC https://www.amazon.com/dp/173158489X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Tu5qCbG74016N
    redtail57 and Dominica like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the forum, @Jeffbovee. And congratulations on your two years of clean time. That's a fabulous accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself.

Thanks for sharing the link to your book. I will definitely check it out. It's so great that you took your experience and put it down for others to read and learn from.

Hope to see you around here in the future.
    Dominica and Jeffbovee like this.
  3. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

Thank u my friend I think u will really enjoy the book
    deanokat likes this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Jeffbovee wonderful that you're clean and you're helping others through your writing!! and, great that you're here!
    deanokat likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

I really want to hit that link but I can't........Trust issue's and year's ago someone gave me a link to check out which took me to a very disgusting site and that history stayed in my FB page at the time and it has nearly destroyed my life
  6. deanokat

The link is safe, @True concern. it just takes you to his book’s page on Amazon. That said, I totally get your hesitancy.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I trust you
    deanokat likes this.
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

I have thought of writing a book,I have thought about sharing my first memory,experience, downfall,and yet I haven't. I wouldn't know where to begin,how to fund it,or how to not cry on every page.
    deanokat likes this.
  9. deanokat

You'd start at the beginning, Arthur. And you'd just tell about your experiences, your struggles, etc. And the crying? Yeah, that might happen. I cried many, many times when writing about my son and his addiction on my blog. But that crying can be incredibly cathartic. It's cleansing. And the tears hydrate better things and helps them grow. Now, as far as the funding goes...I don't have an answer for that. But I know that you can start a blog for free. So maybe that's what you should consider. I know a little bit about that and could help you when you're ready. I bet @Dominica would be willing to help, too. I think it would be great for you to get all of your "stuff" out there.
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  10. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

No worries the book is a memoir on addiction, it is safe
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  11. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

I wrote the book in no chronological order it is kinda like Bob Dylan's Chronicles but about my 35 yr substance abuse.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  12. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

My book was written to heal, but also holds me accountable
  13. Dominica

A blog is a great start.... they are free (try blogger or wordpress). and crying is healing... to heal it, ya gotta feel it.

i've started writing about my childhood...not in a blog, but in a word document. writing about memories... one day put them into a book for my children... it's therapeutic...

and yes, i'll help you as i can.. let me know how!
    True concern, Jeffbovee and deanokat like this.
  14. redtail57

redtail57 Active Contributor

Jeff- Just finished your book and I wanted to tell you what it is to me. I am in recovery now and the book came along right on time ! God does work in mysterious ways . I needed to hear and feel your words . I had always thought of writing a book some day if I lived through this addiction but you have done it for me and hopefully many others . I will pass it on to others . Thanks for the gift! Peace Brother
  15. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

I'm glad you liked the book I'm grateful and honored you read it. It was overwhelming for sure but it helped to dump everything after losing everything and beginning the task of rebuilding and recovery. Excavation of the soul
    ☮️
    redtail57, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  16. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

Thank u I wrote u something on the thread
    redtail57 and deanokat like this.
  17. Dominica

@redtail57 hey you! good to hear from you! i'm super glad you got some great things out of the book! you are right in that God can be mysterious.... :) great timing for sure!

@Jeffbovee thanks for sharing... "excavation of the soul"... love that!
    Jeffbovee, deanokat and redtail57 like this.
  18. Jeffbovee

Jeffbovee Member

Your more then likely are noticing because any time a medication is lowered it tends to make you anxious. That drop is very small and normal. I would suggest giving it a few days if u don't feel a bit better call the doctor.
    Hang in there, sometimes these changes are uncomfortable .
    redtail57 and deanokat like this.
  19. redtail57

redtail57 Active Contributor

You may be right. Thank You for the input . Closed subject
    deanokat likes this.