An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

" The Cure To Addictions "

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by The Awesome Ministry, May 10, 2015.

1. You can make it easy on yourself, or you can make it hard. Attend meetings for the rest of your life. Or accept Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. I was a Crack Cocaine addict and alcoholic for over thirty years. I completed three drug treatment programs and attended hundreds of meetings over the years, but nothing ever helped. I had several physiciatrist and they there best to help me with counseling and medication. That didn't help me either. I ended up going to prison for five years on a drug charge, after being arrested 28 times and convicted 9 times on separate felonies. Prison didn't stop me either. After getting out, June 6 2006, I was worse than ever for another year. It was when I started praying, crying out to God and reading my Bible every day, that everything changed. God completely changed my life in the blink of an eye. My addictions were gone, without a single meeting of any kind. God did it. It was an absolute miracle. I was the worst of the worst and If God changed me, anybody can change. Please visit me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Google search...The Awesome Ministry, Jody Cox. Thank you for allowing me to share my story. I love this site. God Bless Everyone and have a Wonderful Day ! {{{ <3 Jesus Loves You !!! <3 }}} And he has a wonderful plan for your life. Scripture says...Who overcomes the world ? He who believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died for our sins and on the third day, he rose again. Also, the first bible scripture I ever learned at ten years old in Sunday school and knew no other until I was 49 years old. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotton Son. That whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Good advice. There's this article I read about a preacher who had a strange addiction. He did believe in God but the harder he tried to fight the addiction, the worse it became. He finally decided to seek counseling and . . . that helped. After a while, he managed to beat the addiction and advised those whom he preached to and others who had similar addictions to seek help.

I believe that different strategies work for different people. Faith in God could be the first step towards beating an addiction but at times people also need help from others who understand what they are going through.
  3. Thestoryteller1

Thestoryteller1 Active Contributor

It's great that faith has worked for you! In my opinion there are many ways to recover, and that is only one of them. The other things didn't work because of lack of faith perhaps, but not faith in God necessarily. Just faith.
    When you are trying to get better, get through something, I think you need to have faith, passion, belief in something. That will help you achieve things you never thought possible. That can be faith in God, in your family, in yourself, in energy, or something else...as long as you have something that you believe in with all your heart, that can help you get through tough things.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

My personal relationship with God has also helped me a lot get through all the problems and difficulties in life. Without my faith in Him, I don't where will I be right now.
  5. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

The Awesome Ministry, I am delighted to here that your God brought you through in a blink of an eye. Quite remarkable in your case. I pray you continue to do well and I hope to read more of your journey. I guess what works for Peter does not always work for Paul and pray that many still struggling will find a way to recovery.