An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The dangerous things we do while drunk

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Auril, Jul 31, 2015.

1. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I did many stupid things while drunk and I hate to even think about them. Alcohol is so incredibly stupid and dangerous. It totally makes us act like fools. I'm glad your story didn't end there where it could have and your family was alright. Did your dad ever get clean?
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I must admit I have done some stupid things when drunk. Alcohol can effect your judgment when it's over used. I haven't been in any accidents over alcohol before. I know that if you can't talk right when your drunk you sure can't drive. Being drunk also gives people something called liquid courage which can be dangerous at times too.
  3. KennedyBaby19

KennedyBaby19 Active Contributor

Not really, when I drink I usually tend to get really quite and shy. I know it usually helps others open up more but it does the opposite to me. So I'm usually the girl the corner nursing her beer. Also, I know my limits, so I don't try to get 'drunk' I just drink to have a slight buzz. I know if I get drunk I will do something I regret.
  4. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Alcohol affects everyone in a different way and our tolerances to alcohol is not all the same. At least it doesn't affect you in a way that will put you into danger . The fact that you know your limits makes it easier for you to control your actions. I hope you carry on having this attitude
    KennedyBaby19 likes this.
  5. Psyduck

Psyduck Active Contributor

There was a time where I was drunk to a point which lead to me abusing my best friend in front of everyone. I apologized to him immediately and I was lucky enough that he understood me and forgave me. I made sure such an incident wasn't repeated again.
  6. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Have I got a lot of stories to tell. They're mostly embarrassing (and some of them I would like to forget) so I will just tell you guys this funny incident that happened with me and my friends because of too much drinking.

We were at a friend's house, there were six of us, and we all got wasted. All was fine, until this friend of mine started bawling like a baby and shouting at the top of her lungs. Then she got up and and ran outside. So we chased her. She was in the yard, singing the national anthem in front of a tree. I remember laughing until my sides hurt. Then she started running around the yard and we we're all laughing at her. Our laughter turned into gasps of horror for she suddenly collapsed. We we're all really scared. We went near her and saw that she just passed out from too much drinking. And it's a good thing that her head missed this big rock in the yard. The five of us tried to carry her inside the house but she was too heavy (and perhaps the reason we can't carry her properly was that we we're laughing so hard at our predicament, plus the fact that we were all drunk). If anyone saw us that night, they would think that we were trying to bury a dead body in the yard. So we decided to just pull her inside the house. When she woke up the next day, she asked us why she was covered with grass. The five of us (who carried her) laughed so hard. And in between bouts of laughter, we were able to tell her all the embarrassing things that she did the other night. It really sounds funny, but whenever I think about that big rock in the yard, I can't help but cringe and wonder what would have happened if she hit her head on it.
  7. irishrose

irishrose Community Champion

Drinking has never led me to doing anything dangerous that I regret. However, a dangerous drinking incident by my father nearly split up my family, which would have changed my life dramatically had he not changed.

My father had a drinking problem. I was a baby, my mom was working nights. My dad had put a frozen pizza in the oven, passed out and forgot about it. He was supposed to be watching me. My mom came home to a house full of smoke, with my dad passed out at the kitchen table. He could have burned the place to the ground. My mom threatened to leave him if he didn't do something about his addiction. He struggled to quit for about ten years, however, has had about 17 years of sobriety under his belt and a large, happy, loving family to show for it.
  8. stariie

stariie Community Champion

Yeah, I've done some stupid things when I was drunk, although alcohol has never really been my thing. I got so drunk one time that I could barely walk, and at the time my son was an infant. He and I were upstairs in my bedroom, the baby bottles were downstairs in the refrigerator.
    I just prayed and prayed that I would make it down the stairs and back up. I was so drunk I could not even burp him after he finished his bottle, which could have led him to choke. After that I didn't drink for a long while, but I still did get too drunk a couple of times after that.