An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"The Demon Drug" - almost an understatement! We are at a loss at how to help him.

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Concerned Mother, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Bless you all
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

You're loved @Concerned Mom,Some of us still watch and read but at the same time don't type much anymore due to "THE BIGGER PICTURE OF DATA TRACKING AND REASONING"Much love.
    Stay Strong and God bless you
    Davers likes this.
  3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

The way I recovered is knowing that everything on earth comes from the universe, including drugs, therefore there are no demons. Drugs did for me, what drugs are suppose to temporarily do and that’s medicate my pain and suffering from mental illness. When drugs stopped working, I began to recover, by looking at my mental illness via self examination and finally was able to live my life drug free.

Many addicts I’ve known sometimes make the fatal mistake of focusing on the symptom which is drug addiction, instead of the reasons they became addicted.
    Davers likes this.
  4. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Whatever works for you or each individual , as everyone is different , ie, what worked for you will not work for someone else .

IMO There are demonic influences that surround certain drugs as well as other things in life , cause we live in a Sin Filled World , that's the way I believe .

Yes there are underlying causes for addiction that need to be addressed cause they will still be there after recovery has happened .

I wish recovery was not so complex .

Stay strong ..Everyone.:)
  5. Bullwinkle

Davers writes>>> Whatever works for you or each individual , as everyone is different , ie, what worked for you will not work for someone else .I wish recovery was not so complex .<<<

For me it’s not complex, it’s simply addressing the causes and conditions of why I became addicted, which was that I was somewhere on the “WIDE” spectrum of mental illness . Yes, there’s individual differences, on the mental illness spectrum e.g., bipolar disorder, OCD, ADD/ ADHD, etc. But, the commonalities are mental illness, which is the problem, not the symptom. In 50+ years of observation, I haven’t known an addict that wasn’t a shame based co-dependent, and at some point in their life didn’t suffered abuse. Abuse that engendered PTSD, including in the military. The main reason for addiction on the mental illness spectrum is........... "I’m not enough-ism", which is shame based.

Davers writes>>>IMO There are demonic influences that surround certain drugs as well as other things in life , cause we live in a Sin Filled World , that's the way I believe .<<<

All belief is valid, as long as it isn’t injurious. You’re entitled to your opinion/belief system, but not to your own facts. The fact is, humans have used drugs in one form or an other since the beginning of time, and most don’t become addicted. Addiction isn’t a moral issue, so where’s your moralizing demonic Sin Filled World, whether one becomes addicted or not? In Step 5 of the 12 Step Model , where the tenets come from First Century Christianity, one doesn't take a moral inventory / self-examination on addiction or the drugs used, it's taken on the moral issues of why one became addicted.

Your moralizing comment sounds religious, if so, this is another form of religious dependency, and is the antithesis of recovery and spirituality.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Davers likes this.
  6. Davers

Whatever works for you or each individual , as everyone is different , ie, what worked for you will not work for someone else .

IMO There are demonic influences that surround certain drugs as well as other things in life , cause we live in a Sin Filled World , that's the way I believe .

Yes there are underlying causes for addiction that need to be addressed cause they will still be there after recovery has happened .

I'm not sure why this " is here but ill post it to get rid of it.
  7. Davers

I'm not sure why this " is here but ill post it to get rid of it.

OK .
    I'm having posting issues on this site only , ill get someone to look at my settings here , to see if there is an issue I have caused.

I want to reply to @Bullwinkle 's last post.

1st I respect your opinion , life experience , older age 'I do believe you are older than I am ' ?
    +
    I don't care to debate you on this as "we believe what we believe" .

I assumed you would take my reply the wrong way , as I totally suck at communicating on a digital level .

That said one's Morals , have nothing to do with being in a fallen / sin-filled/ hate filled world.
    Each person has their choices to make .

IMO you are correct that there is an underlying issue that applies to people who become addicted to things .
    That said , I'm sure "most people" can look back & find something they consider 'traumatic' that has happened in their lives , so define traumatic .

Yes people & animals have used substances since the beginning yet all don't become addicted .

Am I talking about the reasons for addiction or how to overcome it ? IDK ?

So in-shorter ...to me addiction is very complex as is overcoming it , & since peoples brains work differently there is no 1 sure way to fix the things . Tho there is a so called ' Right Direction' to start going .if that makes since .

Oh , I hope I don't make up my own facts :rolleyes: ?

As for religion , unless I'm posting a sermon , ill keep my comments to the regular forum.

I could have replied in a more professional way but heck I just don't feel like it .
    GD Sir.
  8. Bullwinkle

Davers writes >>>I'm having posting issues on this site only , ill get someone to look at my settings here , to see if there is an issue I have caused. <<<

There's been discrepancies issues from time to time with posting, some have thought they'd been hacked.

Davers writes >>> So in-shorter ...to me addiction is very complex as is overcoming it , & since peoples brains work differently there is no 1 sure way to fix the things . Tho there is a so called ' Right Direction' to start going .if that makes since .<<<

It makes sense, I agree, one size doesn't fit all. This is why I don't cookie cut recovery.

All drugs are inert substances, e.g. alcohol can't somehow end-up in the addicts body without the addicts participation. In conclusion, no inert substance is evil or sinful, but drugs can influence insane behavior. Jeffrey Dahmer, the serial killer, is an example of an alcoholic whose "existing behavior" was influenced by drugs. However, for me, drugs didn't create behavior that didn't exist. In other words, no drug can make me behave contrary to what I'm morally and ethically incapable of doing sober.
  9. Davers

Guess ill find out when I post this , if I still get the 'error code'.

I can work around it ,but it's a pain in my OCD.

I agree that no substance is Evil in it's self , just used to access , or used in a bad way .

Mr Dahmer was evil (in his mind ) IMO Alcohol helped him cope & assisted with some kind of mental block to enable him to do the things he did. That does not make Booze Evil in it's self.

It's ones behavior that can be evil.
    GD
  10. Bullwinkle

Have a nice weekend, Davers.....
  11. Davers

GD
    Same to you & yours .