An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Devil

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by lynzyh28, May 15, 2015.

1. lynzyh28

lynzyh28 Active Contributor

There is no other way to put it, CRACK IS THE DEVIL! It's impossible for the non addict to understand the addicts addiction. I see this strong, hardworking man give in to this substance over and over again. He's lost jobs, mental health, cars, and now me. He says he just wants me to understand him but I can't. All I see is insanity. It's insane that even facing jail, death, institutions he will still find a way to maneuver a hit. He has told me that even while he's doing it he doesn't want to be doing it but can't stop himself. How is that even possible? I'm laying here watching this beautiful man, whose brought me such joy, sleep away another week binge, hurt and confusion are all I feel. How can he not value his life as much as I do? I would give anything for him to have this demon removed from within him. About 10 years ago he was shoot 6 times. The shooter actually walked over top of him and tried to shoot him again and the gun jammed. A month in the hospital, learning to walk, talk, and eat again but he don't believe that he is meant for something great. He doesn't think that he has a purpose. I just don't understand. Is there a way for someone like me to understand the struggle and the addiction he faces? I want to understand, I really do but like I said, it's pure insanity. Can anyone offer any advice to help me understand?
    Damien Lee likes this.
  2. drc52

drc52 Active Contributor

I don't think I can offer you an explanation. Have you tried to explain this to him they way you explained it here? I do believe that this man is meant for something great.
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  3. lynzyh28

Yes, we have had many conversations about this. Idk what makes him feel like his life is worthless, it frustrates me. We didn't know each other well then but he was shot in front of my children's father's home. My oldest daughter watched him laying there in a pool of blood while the medics worked to keep him alive until the life flight landed. I don't believe in coincidence. It's crazy that a few years later he came into our lives. I remember her calling me that night telling me that a man got shot and they were working on him but she heard the police say that there was no way he was gonna make it.
  4. egrocket1

egrocket1 Member

It really is a terrible thing. Other than heroin, it is the worse thing you can try. And to think that some people want to legalize this drug! When you see it first hand, it is obvious why it illegal. Please save yourself and do not try cocaine.
    SunnySkies and lynzyh28 like this.
  5. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

It seems he is a bit cynical towards life. He probably thinks that our existence means nothing and is worthless. I see his point. But a coin has two sides and you need to make him see the other side. I can't lay a step by step plan for you (that won't be possible for me), but you gotta figure it out yourself. God speed! Maybe try taking him to a kindergarten. The purity of a child's emotion always cheers me up :p
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  6. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I think it is sad when a person chooses cocaine and knows what is going on but still chooses it, and it hurts the ones around them and being in the same environment can bring consequences like debt owing to people who sell the drug or relationship problems too. Looking at his history, you would need to think about your life and children and he could have the same thing like being shot or having people coming for him and it can be hard to change a person sometimes. He may have had a bad childhood, and does not think about what will happen to him and may just wish he was not alive and takes this drug which is not a friend at all but a enemy to the body and mind.
  7. henry

henry Community Champion

It's an addiction, that's why he can't stop. Once you get to that level, you don't care about anything except getting high again. A real addict would sell his daughter if he had no other choice. If you can convince him to go to rehab, then maybe he's got a chance, if not, there's nothing you can do. If you think about it, maybe the best thing that could happen to him is going to jail. There's a good chance he could kick the habit in there with less access to drugs. I know it may sound harsh, but desperate situations ofter require desperate measures.
  8. lynzyh28

Jail? He's been there many times. Jail doesn't help addiction, it's a forced form of abstaining. There are not adequate programs to help addicts in jail. The only positive he would recurve from jail is staying alive a little longer. I see the crack killing him. He has some health problems, such as, a heart murmur and an enlarged heart valve. I don't see him wanting to get clean enough to go back to rehab. So so sad.
  9. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Active Contributor

Ouch so sad to hear. He's addicted to cocaine, and doesn't really care about anything else other than getting high. His abuse of the drug has changed his mind to think that that is the only thing worth living for currently. He may have started due to being cynical and/or depressed in life.
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  10. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Yeah, really ouch... so sorry to hear it. From the above comments, I can see that conversations with him were being made in vain since its addiction or willing to do drugs didn't decrease at all. I can't offer a better advice other than being perseverent. Again, I'm very sorry! :(
  11. lynzyh28

Thanks everyone. He was just at home for a few days. Seemed like his mind state was BEGINNING to return to something somewhat normal. He even called a staffing agency about a job. I left, then he left. Lol same thing different day. I'm moving out of state in less than 30 days and I know that he wants to come with me but I just don't know. I feel like I need a clean break but on the other hand if he was clean down there maybe we could get things right this time. #tornbetweenmyheadandmyheart
  12. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I don't know what sort of advice I should give to assuage your fears. Here's what you can do, though: take a leap of faith. Do you still believe in that person? That there's still hope for him yet? If you do, even though your understanding seems to fail you, you have to stand by his side. Consult a counsellor on his behalf so you'll have a better grasp of his situation. Little by little, you'll be able to empathize with him.
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  13. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

It is truth that it is a hellish devilish drug. That's the thing about addiction, it defies logic. It is the Devil himself working his black magic.
    The hardest part is choosing between helping someone else and helping yourself. No one can give you the answers you seek, you have to find them yourself. Perhaps you can pray to God and see if He can give you some guidance. He does love you and wants the best for you.
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  14. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

Just my opinion...

Unless he initiates rehab or a detox process his drug addiction is gonna fill his head with all sorts of irrational behavior and make it near impossible to get through to him or him getting through to others. The fact that you see it as insanity more or less describes the state he is in, full blown irrational behavior that makes no sense to anyone other than himself (and barely). The fact that there has been so much violence involved makes it seem like a bad choice to take him with you as horrible as that may sound. Sometimes we need to inspire others to make themselves better by being hard on them, but this too can backfire depending on the person. It is a very complicated manner I'm sorry to say. I suggest you speak to a few professional counselors and wave your options of helping this person.

You used the words jail and guns.

Aside from the health of this person you have to think of yourself and what is best for you. If a person can't be helped...
  15. lynzyh28

There isn't any violence in my relationship but everything else you've said seems right.I'm very confused.
    content://media/external/file/40164right
  16. smartmom

smartmom Senior Contributor

I've never used it but from the outside in I see it as the devil also. I mean anything that causes a person to loose everything they have including their mind has got to be the devil. It's just not worth it. I don't judge people but why do people even try the stuff? Some have even died the first time. It's a sure way to kill yourself!
    lynzyh28 likes this.
  17. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

I've never used crack cocaine, but I do know that it's a highly dangerous drug. A person's life can only go downhill after they become addicted to it. In a way, you've stated things quite correctly - Crack is truly the Devil! I hope more folks will get to read your post, and be influenced in a positive way.
  18. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

The addiction holds on to the user like a magnet. The addict becomes a slave to the drug, which causes them to lose their sense of reality. Which makes it extremely difficult for them to let go of the habit. Many of them after being hooked on the habit would want to quit but its extremely difficult to get out of the stranglehold of the substance. For the user to get out of the habit it's going to to a great amount of willpower and help from caring folks around them, therefore, try not to give up on him, always do the best you and hope for the can probably your intervention will eventually bear fruit.
  19. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

It is always tough dealing with addicts, especially when you see the potential in them. It is really rough to see someone hooked on something and there isn't much you can do to help. I suppose the only thing you can do for him is to try to get him into rehab. Unfortunately, that is mostly up to him if he wants the help.
  20. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Crack is a really addictive drug. People who have crack addictions make really bad choices because all they think about is
    chasing the same high they had when they first started smoking it. Your right it is the devil and one of his worst devices. You just have to pray for him to come around and see Gods purpose for his life. He'll have to find a way to break this addiction and get his life together, but he has to make that decision. There are people who have done it.