An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The dope game

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Danyell, May 14, 2015.

1. twiztid88

twiztid88 Member

Heroin is the hardest thing I have tried to get off of besides alcohol and its so hard I know what you are going through I have gotten clean several different times and yet still always end up back in the same place keep going though never give up! Don't let it win and take you over or kill you never know when it will he too late, I keep reminding myself of that. You can do it
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  2. You CAN do it. Just the fact you are here speaks volumes. My girlfriend is an addict and has been for years. I pray that I can at least get her to a point where you are today. Reaching out for help. One step at a time. Please be strong and don't give up. My prayers are with you and people care. You CAN do it.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Danyell, maybe trying to take up a hobby or some sort of physical activity would help you. I know it might sound crazy, but something as simple as walking or biking a mile or two can help your brain's pleasure center get a natural high. If you could somehow substitute the natural high for the artificial high just once a week, that's progress. When I quit smoking cigarettes and stopped drinking, biking helped me SO MUCH. Just throwing it out there. In order for something to change, something has to change. And it's up to you to do that, no matter how small the change is to start. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and have total confidence in you. You can do this, my friend!
    Danyell likes this.
  4. all37

all37 Member

Be still and the lord will light for u. He will never leave or forsake u! The devil Is attacking u with this addiction!and he. He tricks and manipulated to keep u down!
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Danyell

Danyell Community Champion

@all37 thank you for the kind words. However I am not really into the whole idea of a Higher Power. I think it is wonderful that seeking out a Higher Power works for some people and I am not bashing whatso ever! I have currently been getting into Satanism. Which a lot of people hear that and assume it is devil worshiping, which is not the case at all. It has nothing to do with the Christian Satan, or any higher power for that matter. Lol. It is really just about being the best person you can be, and putting out good energy into the world. I will keep you updated on my road to recovery! :)
  6. deanokat

@Danyell... Whatever works for you. I just hope you're able to get clean and escape the grip those drugs have on you. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to your updates. Be well!
    Danyell likes this.
  7. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

If that's the case then why on Earth is it called Satanism? I have no idea what sort of Satanism you are referring to (unless you're talking about the New Age thing, which I doubt because you said you don't believe in a higher power) but the only type of Satanism I know of involves Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) and a higher power, although you are not made aware of this until you have already been sucked in (i.e. hoodwinked) and it's too late.
  8. Danyell

In Hebrew satan means adversary. Yes, there are some people who call themselves Satanists and practice Satanism, and dub themselves as devil worshipers. True Satanists believe that each individual is his or her own god. Satanism has been made out to seem like it is just a bunch of vicious people wanting to kill things and jump on the Christian Satan bandwagon. I would at least read The Satanic Bible before bashing it. Yes, there are those arrogant, extremists, who are just killing, doing ridiculous rituals, and sacrifices, but that exists in every religion.

To each his/her own. I am not bashing what you believe in, why do the same...
  9. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

Well acknowledging the need to change is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm sorry things have been so hard for you in the past and hope you can find happiness in your present and your future. Good luck!
  10. Danyell

Thank you so much for the kind words and the encouragement. It really does mean a lot and it shows how good of a person you are for caring. :)
    kjonesm1 likes this.
  11. all37

all37 Member

to each its own. god gave us all free will to choose for ourselves. but we are never free from the consequences. god also love us all equally no matter what. so i pray that whatever path you choose you are happy and healthy. god bless
    Danyell likes this.
  12. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Each to their own. What I'm a little confused about is whether you are aware of the real Satanic ritualistic abuse that goes on and I don't mean just amongst people who think their Satanists or who want to believe they are but I'm talking about the type of Satanic ritualistic abuse that goes on at the highest levels of government, disguised by secret societies and involving child sacrifice, sexual childhood abuse and all sorts of depraved things. These are some of the most highest profile people in the world and they know many things that we don't. All you need to do is take a look at the childhood sex scandal that's been uncovered in the UK government recently, along with the child sex scandal in the Vatican. Like I said, true Satanism is something which at first makes itself out to be a good thing, enlightening, positive and useful until you reach the higher levels of the hierarchy and you begin to find out that you've been sucked into something very dark, scandalous and depraved and you begin to learn what goes on at those higher levels - but it's too late, they've already sucked you in and have control over you. All I'm saying is be very careful. I've seen some of this stuff for myself and have done a lot of research into it. Personally, I have taken more of a New Age route but of course, many people also believe that New Age belief systems are Satanic, which I disagree with for the most part..
  13. deanokat

There are all kinds of religions, and everyone has the freedom to believe/practice what they want. What seems crazy to one person can be comforting to another. That's what makes us individuals.

Personally, I'm more concerned with @Danyell's addiction than I am with her religious beliefs. Not that I haven't found the comments about religion interesting, because I have. But I think the addiction issues are what we should focus on.
    Danyell likes this.
  14. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Contributor

What a pitiful situation you are in. Who is going to believe you when you had tried rehab 5 times?

But wait, the fact that you are posting your story means you have gone past the admission stage. That you already admit you are an addict and now you are in the second stage of acceptance. Or maybe you have already accepted that fact. So what you need is a sponsor, yes, someone who would give you detailed and close guidance. Like a lover maybe? Just my thoughts. You cannot do it alone and your family had already surrendered on you. Find a sponsor.
  15. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

Danyell, I commend you for your honesty and openness. You sound like such a smart and level-headed chick! You KNOW what you gotta do and I fully believe you have the strength to do it.
  16. all37

all37 Member

Id like to start by saying it isn't a "pitiful " situation but a better choice of word I'd say devastating. Also I would like to honestly ask if U want want to stop using? U cannot stop a drug addiction because family and friends want beg fight or force u to. If u like using and only want to stop because of them, then u can go to every rehab sober living detox facility the rest of your life and u will just keep using. U have to have the desire as well as the desperate need to quit that u decided. And I'm sure there r plenty of na meetings outreach centers homeless shelters as well as outpatient facilities u can go to for help. As well as a mental hospital phyciatric ward that if detox is too bad will admit u. Do u know God and the saving power of Jesus Christ? Jesus can make a way where there seems to be none! As far as your family they may want to look into some Alonon meetings and educate themselves on addiction and how they can actually help instead of judge gripe or make worse. I'll be praying for u stay strong! Psalm 60:12 WITH GOD WE WILL GAIN THE VICTORY, AND HE WILL TRAMPLE DOWN OUR ENEMIES!
  17. deanokat

@all37... You are so right. Family and friends can beg someone to stop their addiction until they are blue in the face, but it won't really make a difference until the addicted person is ready and willing to change. We can't "fix" someone just because we want recovery for them more than they do.
    all37 likes this.
  18. Christian

Christian DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

ARGH.! Satanism is just what it sounds like, not a good idea or ideology. I would steer as far away from Satanists or anything that carries that moniker. On the flip side of things I commend you for seeking to better yourself and for wanting to "be the best person you can be, and putting out good energy into the world." as you put it. I would just try and find another means or group of individuals other than flippin Satanists... Or whatever they're calling themselves.. Buddhism might be a better perspective and it doesn't carry the negative connotation similar to Lord Voldemort. HaHa
    All aside from the religiosity, I just hope you can get down to the root of why you use the way you use. It wasn't until I dealt with those issues on my own that I gained some clarity and a healthier perspective on how to cultivate some change and maintain some sobriety.
    Hang in there kiddo & keep seeking your truth.!
    all37 likes this.
  19. serenity

serenity Community Champion

You seem to have a hard time quitting heroin. But now that you have tried to quit and it was unsuccessful, then you should try to strive more to kick the habit. How about trying another rehab program again with the will to really stay away from heroin? Because even if you failed the first time, your next attempt may be successful. Try and try until you succeed.
  20. jamesf1184

jamesf1184 Member

From what I know of my friends, it is best to throw yourself into something important to you that you want to know more about. Music, movies, books, anything. While doing so, it might be best to live with someone else who is healthy for you for a while.
    I know very very little about any of this right now, and my suggestions most likely were not the most helpful, or novel of ideas. But I truly hope that things are well. There are other good suggestions here, and I hope that they help you.
    If you would ever like to discuss how things are, do not hesitate to message me, my ears are open, and I'd love to talk.