An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"The End"

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jul 5, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

Sitting around thinking about the end? Is there an extremity to the conditions we face on a daily basis? This type of thinking places a conscious of excuse on yourself to indulge in your addiction. The best way to live life is off of facts rather than imaginative thoughts. We usually forget to use the overall capacity of our brains in depressing situations. Remembering to lean on a factual mindset will help us succeed in every situation. We live, we die, we.... How can we really learn what happens next but to experience it. "You Only Live Once" YOLO! Is this true?
    MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Yes, if we could only learn to enjoy the moment and stop thinking about what is coming next, our lives would be so different and there will be less chances to regret for what we did
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Yes, and drug addiction aggravates those illusory thoughts too, so you're better off not taking or trying drugs or alcohol at all. You live only once indeed, so don't waste the one life that you have.
  4. crc3thebest

You are so right! I have had some great moment with no worry. Hope you are doing well, God Bless!
    MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  5. crc3thebest

Great Post! The lifestyle we chose always defines our thought process for the good or worse. It is indeed our choice to chose what path we want in life.
    MrsJones likes this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Living in the moment is really the best approach to life. "One day at a time" may be sort of a cliche, but it really does work; not just for alcoholics or addicts, but for everyone. We have no idea what tomorrow will bring, so getting caught up in worries about what might happen just drains us of positivity.
    MrsJones and crc3thebest like this.
  7. crc3thebest

Your a very wise individual! Day to day life is the best life I have ever lived before.
  8. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Life is a gift.
    Especially this modern life!
    When I read my bible and think "man o man thing used to be pretty darn crappy for the average dude."
    ALL of the people living in "rich" countries have it better then 99% of the people in history.
    We are blessed to just to be able to be alive.
    These are the things I have to tell myself each and everyday.
    It's funny that we have such easy life's but we face the highest rates of depression and addiction.
  9. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

I just like to say that you have the most profound thoughts crc3thebest. Thank you for continuing to encourage all of us with them. God bless you.
  10. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Well, sometimes you just want to be left alone and think about whatever crosses your mind, and that includes "the end", whatever end that may be. To be able to gain new energy and insights, you have to let old thoughts and mindsets die a natural death. Pushing them out of the way and trying to refocus them in a positive way, will work with time. It doesn't happen overnight. There are times when it helps to dwell on death, depression, destruction, etc. so that you can live again...
  11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Totally. Some people would just tend to sit around and wait for something good to happen in their life instead of going out there and experience life in all its fullness. If you badly want to do something right now, indulge yourself in an adventure, don't put it off anymore, you have got to move.
  12. Emerson_B

Emerson_B Active Contributor

I have seen people waste away thinking or worrying too much about the future that they forget to live their life in the present. YOLO indeed, but usually is misinterpreted as go out and do everything you want including illegal and irresponsible. These things shorten your life, you only live once, make sure that everything you do counts.