An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Evil in Drugs

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by gracer, Apr 28, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Today is a critical day in Asia as 9 people are about to face execution through firing squad because of drug trafficking. One of them is believed to have only been framed by her recruiter.

There have been many cases of drug trafficking and execution in many nations. This is how evil drug abuse is. Not only does it destroy the lives of its users but also the lives of people who become victims of drug trafficking. It ruins the lives and families of many.
  2. wahmed

wahmed Active Contributor

I totally agree. Orange is the new black is about a rich girl caught up in a trafficking ring. I think its important to set an example to prevent these drugs being traffiked
    gracer likes this.
  3. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

I'm afraid execution by firing squad might be a bit too harsh but who am I to nibble at 21st century's judicial systems. Those people have ruined their lives and arguably the lives of those whom they sold their consignment to. What this is hopefully going to accomplish is put other people off attempting to re-trace the culprits' steps. I see no other practical benefit from the death penalty.
    gracer likes this.
  4. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Personally, I think it's a disgrace. It reflects really badly on a country when they treat non-violent drug offenders like this yet rapists and sex offenders get away with so much more.
    gracer likes this.
  5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

How is it that drug traffickers can face execution? Perhaps that is just a difference in laws of different countries. The only way you could even possibly face execution in my country is if you commit capital murder.
    gracer likes this.
  6. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Unfortunately, 8 out of the 9 people who were scheduled for execution were finally executed. 1 of them, the only female was pulled out of death row at the last minute because of evidences of frame up and a promise to become a significant witness to the adamant drug trafficking in the region. It was a sad day for all of the loved ones of the people who were executed. Somehow I pity them because they were also victims of the vicious effect of drugs. The big drug syndicates are still out there making a hefty sum while their victims suffer the consequences of their wrong doings.
  7. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Drugs are destructive, no doubt. I have never come across anyone, or any situation, where drugs have been helpful or beneficial. The same goes for prescription drugs. Of course, pharmaceutical drugs save lives in emergency situations, but in terms of long term treatment strategies for various ailments, I am very doubtful that they address the root of the problem.
    gracer likes this.
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Yes. The woman who has been pulled out of execution is a Filipina, one of my countrymen. She is actually innocent of drug dealing; she was just framed up. There were a lot of activists here in our country who were praying for her to get saved from death row. And God really never sleeps, he bestowed a miracle upon us. I feel sorry for those eight people who have died though.
    gracer likes this.
  9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

It is strange, but when foreigners go to different countries, they can be prayed upon by the drug smugglers who promise them lots of money in return for taking the drugs across the border. The sad part is that the travelers face big trouble if they are caught.
    gracer likes this.