An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Guardian says E-cigs could lead to the demise of cigarettes.

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by amin021023, Nov 5, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

2. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

There will always be regular tobacco smokers, as far as I am aware there hasn't been a a e.cigarette that has fully replaced cigars. What could happen to cigarettes is the same as snuff. Snorting snuff was extremely poplar about 100 years ago but was replaced by pipe smoking. Even though there are still people snorting snuff it's not as common as in the past.
  3. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

sure there will always be cigarette smoker especially in 3rd world countries who don't have the technology or can't afford to buy e-cigs. but it's a promising peace of tech that literally can save lives.
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

E-cigarettes are probably gonna take over in the near future. A lot of my co-workers that are smokers have one, they stopped buying regular cigarettes. If it's safer then it's a plus, I think it's also more convenient since you just have to charge and fill it up.
  5. NyX82

NyX82 Member

I've been a smoker for 17 years now and as I'm typing this I realize how awful that is. That's a long time, more than half of my life. Anyway I've tried E-cigs/vaping and it will never replace cigarettes for me. I just crave a real cigarette when I use them. I see people vaping all the time and I just can't get into it. I can't see it replacing cigarettes completely. There will always be people like me that prefer the real thing.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I stopped smoking in January thanks to e-cigs. I have absolutely zero willpower and found that the e-cigs made an excellent substitute. I gradually lowered the nicotine content over the course of a few months and now don't use one at all.

Best favour I ever did myself.
  7. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Nope, it's not the same. There are people out there who can't stand the taste of electronic cigarettes, and also some who find them silly-looking. I had even met some folks who claimed they were afraid of getting cancer easier from them. There will always be people skeptical about them. At least where I live, they are not seen very well.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think a lot depends on the person, and I know quite a few that have quit smoking by replacing cigarettes with ecigs and they haven't looked back.

Others though, can't get used to ecigs and have said they'd rather not smoke anything and quit the old fashioned way if and when they do.
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I think it will also depends on a place. In here, e-cigarettes never become so popular. I have seen very few who have used it and mostly those in the young generation. Most of smokers here are still into the usual cigarettes.