An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The "How To Help" Resources are Really Helpful!

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Friend' started by geegee, Nov 8, 2014.

1. geegee

geegee Active Contributor

I just wanted to say that the "resources" area is really helpful. I have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic, and it was helpful for me to read this particular article I found in this site: http://drugabuse.com/library/how-to-help-an-alcoholic/

I wanted to provide the link to the "How to Help Someone..." area, just in case it might help other people who have been frequenting the forum and who haven't noticed that particular section of the site. It isn't just for alcohol, there's a complete list here:
    http://talk.drugabuse.com/pages/how-to-help-someone-addicted-to-a-substance/
  2. thomas carty

thomas carty Member

Thank you for sharing that I would like to say that the things that are shared in there are really helpful and they contain a lot of things that I have been looking for.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Just the title of the link make it sounds very useful already, thanks for sharing. :)
    It is nice that there will be some kind of guide on how to approach someone who had addicted. Helping someone sometimes if not often, is not that essay as it may seem.
  4. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I agree. I am relatively new here and l stumbled on it while I was trying to get familiar with the forum. I saw a post that really touched me as it relates to Meth. I was completely ignorant about the substance and found the information in the "resources" section very informative. I highly recommend it.
  5. YellowTrain

YellowTrain Member

Thanks a lot for sharing. It really gave me some good insight on how to help, and showed me a new perspective on things. I really appreciate it because I believe that everything is relative and based on perspective. The way in which you look at a certain something and approach it really matters, and this has broadened my potential ways of seeing things.
  6. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I agree. The advice you can find here is really very helpful and the approach they teach is one I can agree with because I believe it is the right way to help yourself or especially how to help someone else. I've already heard of so many people trying to pray problems away or just trying to beat it out of people whether verbally or physically and seeing solutions laid out as clear as the tips found here are really a huge contrast to what you would find with those who are less informed.