An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The most lucid moment in my life

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by GenevB, Aug 10, 2015.

1. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

I was going for a drink with few of my friends, we were going to stay up all night because we were waiting on some important exam results, so we thought that if we have a strong drink the time will pass faster. The result was that we all went home terribly drunk by 2 AM or so, I remember staying with my head on the wc while vomiting, the room was spinning around with me and at that point it was like I was on the bed of death. I thought about how I could be an I'm not, I thought about how many great things I can accomplish in life, and how alcohol never ever helped me accomplish anything and I made a decision at that point. I don't want to ever drink any alcoholic beverages again, I have already over one month, I just don't need them.

The most interesting fact is that I think about that moment as the most lucid one of my life, while I was the drunkest of my life I've had the most lucid moment. I guess that's the one thing alcohol did for me, it helped me realize how I won't ever get nothing by drinking, there are no good properties for the human body at all in the alcohol.
    Do you have similar stories?
  2. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Contributor

Wow, this is an incredible story. I too have only been this intoxicated one point in my life. I hated the feeling the next morning especially. This is when I had to work 8 hours with a hangover. It was terrible. I was slow and unproductive.
  3. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Trying to study and getting that drunk is a bad idea. I think you would have been better off with a cappuccino or something. I've been stupid drunk before but never when I needed to do something that required thinking. I can understand why you don't want to drink any more, that sounded like a ruff experience. I agree drinking won't help with important things you need to get done in life.
  4. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I had a really bad headache and something that could only be described as the worst hangover ever a few hours after drinking... that is when I realized my body could no handle alcohol the same way I did before :( So I knew I had no choice but quitting. I haven't looked back ever since, I had a very light cocktail last year, so casual... but I decided I'd never drink too much again... I guess it was a very lucid time.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

It's pretty amazing how can alcohol be detrimental to your health but at the same time it can be a savior to your negative feelings. Thank you for sharing your story, it's good to hear that people are starting to realize alcohol is not the solution to their problems. It's pretty great once you come to realize that you don't need alcohol in your life anymore.
  6. GenevB

We did not try to study, we were simply waiting for an exam result, the exam already passed, but it was the waiting that was really stressing.
  7. stridee

stridee Active Contributor

This is an amazing story and I am glad that you shared it with us. It is interesting how alcohol can have so much impact on the quality of your life. It can help you, or it can make you feel really bad about drinking it. It is definitely a great thing once you realize that alcohol is not a necessity and that it will only hinder your life going forward. Wish you the best!
  8. henry

henry Community Champion

I feel sorry for kids these days. College is being advertised like it's more of a place for drinking like an animal, doing drugs and having lots of sex, and when you're not doing any of that, you have to take some classes and do some studying. And as we know, peer pressure can get the best of us sometimes.
  9. Smarty

Smarty Active Contributor

Well.. having just passed college, I can say I'm happy that I didn't get to taste a lot of that drunk life many of my friends lived. I really feel sorry for them when I see them so drunk they can't say their name... and I try to talk them out of it. But your story shows something very important. Any kind of change (not only about drinking) is the most effective when the person himself realizes the need for it on his/her own. Very often it's exactly something radical like this... some kind of a turning point.
  10. GenevB

I'm exactly at the college years now, what I can say is that I pretty much hate all that drunk life. I can't understand how would anybody would like that, it simply doesn't allow you to move forward with anything, you can't develop your body well, you can't eat well, you can't be lucid to study, you can't even be yourself with someone else.
    henry likes this.