An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Nameless Few

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by True concern, Aug 14, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

When I first arrived on this site there was very little light left in my life, I had lost it all,family,self respect,self worth,hope but something got my attention"The Nameless Few" who reach out to us addicts,starving for a glimmer of light,desperate for a reason to continue on and then they chime in with nothing but encouragement, inspiration,positivity... I will admit while in active addiction it was a bit overwhelming,unheard of compassion from a stranger or strangers...In my mind I thought it was fake some big joke to label us addicts inferior or less than and I continued to come anyways. I found out I was wrong,the encouragement never ended,the inspiration and advice,the very tools an addict looking for redemption requires flowed through their words like water from a hose. I have been here for over 2 year's, finally sober finally hopeful and "The Nameless Few" held the keys that spoke to my soul and I will be forever grateful. I now am saddened as I wonder "Where will others like me turn?"But I won't get into that right now,to "The Nameless Few"I thank you for everything,for never giving up on us when so many others had,there is a special place in my heart for each of you and I will repay your continued loyalty with my continued sobriety.

Much Love And God Bless Each Of You
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

3. True concern

I just had to, I just had to.
    Dominica, deanokat and cheffy like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Love you guys. :)
  5. True concern

Love you too brother,you've helped me alot in various stages of my own self pity and just all around struggle. I just wanted to speak from the heart on how this transformation I'm going through was not done without some key role players even if it was just to say "That's life"it all had a positive thought-provoking re-evaluating affect and I could never thank you guys enough
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Beautiful. So happy you have come so far... and that we could all be here for you... Now, we will continue on with hope and trust... and community. Love you all and have a big heart to see you peaceful and happy... life can get rough...life has been rough... but we are here...learning. Walking.

and we will never be alone. :)

Hugs!
  7. True concern

It's words like this,the way you gently and slowly open up to something wonderful,something that touches the mind,heart,and soul. I can never thank you enough,if only you knew exactly how bad off I was the day I found the site....or it found me... I'm not sure other than I know my mind was almost jello from a meth binge around 3 weeks long, I have described that day as best I can without well causing myself more potential legal trouble. I may create a few more threads... I may abandon the site,honestly I haven't completely decided. I got an emotional support animal lol not sure why I told you that but oh well
    deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  8. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Love you too.
    And yes I have decided to continue on...my anger can easily best me I see.
    But the only way to pay the debt owed to everyone that has put up with me and even loved me when oh was wretched is to pay it forward.

That is what I will do. I told a friend recently that I was giving up on helping people. Said this out of anger...

But in that same 24 hours I've decided to take another friends advice and let go of my anger.
    I'm not gonna give up trying to help anyone. In fact I've decided I'm just getting started.

Again thank you everyone- if you know me you know who I'm speaking to.
    Wow I have learned so much from a community of love.
  9. True concern

Wow I have learned so much from a community of love.

Likewise my friend likewise