An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The payday curse

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Oct 1, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

So I have been on this site for quite a while now and I have noticed that many people come to realize they have addiction issue's right around late Sunday night to early Monday morning as for month's now the site is for the most part "Dead air"between Fri-Mon.I assume this could be a variety of thing's, life,taking a few day's off,etc.Basically what I'm trying to understand is how many of you personally have this compulsive "let's party"mentality every time you have cash.Just to be clear I'm not doing a survey or anything this is just how my mind work's, I notice trends and ask questions, and just so you all know even though I fight daily for sobriety I am the type of person who is best left with no more than 30-40 buck's on me at a time....well because I have this damn thing called addiction issue's. I know I've been all over creating new threads this week many may seem off topic but as a recovering addict I have learned to trigger thought and dig deep,for myself it's the only way I stand a chance so I do hope and pray my constant thread creation will achieve one very important goal and that is to get other's to engage in conversation once again. For all the new people of the site who came while I was missing in action (so to speak..no offense meant)but you all have taken the most important step in recovering your lives and you've admitted you need help,we're here for you and I don't have another disappearing act planned so if you reach out we will reach back.Stay Strong and God Bless
    Cametobelieve0202 likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Hey there. I imagine there are various reasons why more people come here on the weekends. But many people do associate partying with the weekends and get their paychecks on a Friday. So I imagine that is a big trigger for some people.

But we're always here during the week to encourage!! :)
    True concern likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I think money is a HUGE trigger for addicts. And for people who like to party in general. I know people who will go out and spend money on "stuff" as soon as they get some. It's like it's burning a hole in their pocket. I also think that the easy access we have to our money these days can't help addicts much. Back in the day, when there were no ATMs (yes, I remember those days), getting $$ anytime you wanted/needed it just wasn't possible. I bet that left a lot of people jonesing for their substance of choice on more than one occasion. ;)
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I couldn't agree more I haven't been shy about my worries and concerns as far as "The Modern World "is concerned, I was a journeyman concrete finisher by age of 22..I am 37 and technology really should be in my wheel house but it's not because I guess I have an old soul in I don't believe easier means better..
    Dominica likes this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Time before ATMs, cell phones, online payment, etc... yikes. And I'm an old soul too... and I'm all for balance and in many ways, going back to the simple... minimalism... ;) But that's just me.
    True concern and deanokat like this.