An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The smell of tobacco.

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Joethefirst, Nov 13, 2015.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

Well, in that case it would be quite ddifferent, if you're going to smell the 'aroma' like every single day it might be harmful but it all depends on how often you smell it, for example, if you have somebody in your house who smokes it will be easier for your health to get damaged, if not then it might not be that harmful at all, that is my opinion though.
  2. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

I really don't like the smell of tobacco. I mostly encounter cigarette smoke but rarely come in contact with cigars. The smoke from the cigarettes usually aggravates my sinus and I have to try and get out of the range of the smoke at all times. The smell of the tobacco on the breath of some people can also be very disgusting.
  3. Okaviator

Okaviator Senior Contributor

It is mostly a case of whether a previous smoker likes the smell or not. Most tend not to like the smell of smoke because it brings back bad memories.
  4. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Till now I have only met one person that stopped smoking and still like the smell of tobacco. Nearly everyone else finds that cigarette smoke stinks, which it does.
  5. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I love the smell and I miss it whenever I smell it at a bar or when I am out and about in the city. I just want one more, but I know better now. When I was younger I didn't mind bumming one off of people, but now I do. I get too nervous to approach someone and strike up a conversation.
  6. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

Nope, I don't like the smell. It's kind of ok when I smoke it but I don't fancy it when someone else smokes it.
  7. Joethefirst

Tobacco is funny that way, I don't know why but when you smoke you don't smell it as much. When you are not smoking it seems overpowering.
  8. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

I've never enjoyed the smell of tobacco. And I definitely can't handle being in environments which are filled with tobacco smoke, I get extremely nauseous. The air just feels so morbid, and I just want to get out of there as fast as possible.
  9. Joethefirst

It does have a funny effect if you are in an environment full of smoke and you aren't smoking. Unless you have never smoked before it really does have a very strange effect on the body.
  10. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Depending on what are you exactly referring to, I might agree. He said he loved the smell of burnt tobacco, the smoke? Or the actual smoke of tobacco?

I also used to smell a cigarette before I would've light up one, it was like a prelude, and I really loved the smell of tobacco, but after I would've lighten up, the smoke used to ruin everything.
  11. Qualara

Qualara Member

so, I really hate this smell even then I smoked, sorry. I don't know how it can be, but it true.
  12. Lacelizabeth

Lacelizabeth Member

I'm a nonsmoker, and I can't stand the smell of tobacco or the smoke. I grew up in a family of smokers. I personally haven't heard any smokers say in person that they like the smell. Though, I know that a lot of them don't notice that their homes, cars, clothes, and selves smell a lot like smoke and tobacco. I watched a video about a man that was visiting a place that makes or has any scent you desire, and then they make it into a perfume or cologne for you. The man said his favorite smells are coffee and tobacco. I remember thinking that tobacco is so icky smelling, but I do like the smell of coffee. They are different smells anyway. That was the only time that I heard someone say that they like the tobacco smell. He is a smoker. So I guess some people obviously do, and maybe it is a little more common for smokers to like the smell.