An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

The Voices of Those Who Remember

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by crc3thebest, Mar 17, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

I use to cry myself to sleep every night! Their voices repeating in my ear! What could I do? Would suicide clean my slate? At that point, I found the thought of not existing on earth was the only answer to my problems. Why would a person be so vile? Until, I was held by someone who truly loved me and cared for me I could not see the truth. They helped me understand the strong hearts of people. After experiencing pure unconditional love, I could not call them out on their failures. Who new they were not perfect either. We found our selves in the most humble state of tears and love we never say anything but positive things to one another till this day because we understand what we loss.
    medievalmama and kana_marie like this.
  2. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

I use to fear I'd kill myself almost on a daily basis. This is one reason I stayed drunk to team the voice inside me that told me time, and time again how absolutely worthless I was. I really thought I'd not be able to stop myself from suicide I was alone in this. I never told anyone I just drank as much as possible. I am free of that voice now, and free of addiction.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is good to know that there is someone in your live that cared and loved you no matter what. Such kind of love is rare and so better to never let it go and use it to be a better person. You can also serve as a motivation for someone in your life.
  4. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

You really are VERY lucky. Your post was really nice and I'm really glad you were around to write it for us. Aside from the happy story, you are a very beautiful writer. It is very poetic.
    medievalmama likes this.
  5. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I think the person that arrived at a critical point in your life was sent by God so that you will not push through with committing suicide. He wanted you to know that there is hope and for you to feel loved and supported amidst your problems. I'm glad things have turned out for the better for you.
    medievalmama likes this.
  6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

Everything that is happening into our life has a reason and a purpose that is why we should value, cherish and love our life more. Sometimes if we traveled to the right or wrong path of life maybe it is for the reason that God wants us to show the true meaning of life and how we will use the lessons we had learned from our experiences. God is good all the time that is why he gave you someone who will help to enlightened you and take away your fears. Always give thanks to God for He save your life and He will never stop loving you.
  7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

I feel that the best we can do is to get something during the day to keep us occupied, if we do that at night we will just be tired and we will sleep like a baby.
  8. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I am thrilled that you are here to tell your story and that you found support. Even with those dark days, life is worth living and I am glad you chose life. Love is a wonderful thing and I am glad you it and stayed around to share your story. Spread that love and help others to choose life.
  9. medievalmama

medievalmama Community Listener Community Listener

I am moved by all the loving comments here. In a world full of hate, where people get-off on others' misfortunes, I am grateful to keep company with others who believe in building each other up instead of tearing each other down.
  10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I went through that phase of self-harm. There was one time in which I badly wanted to hang myself already because I got a really low grade in one of my subjects in school, and I thought I should just kill myself because I didn't want to see my parents' disappointed looks. It was really lame but I was young then. I imagined my parents at my wake, and I could almost feel their pain, and that's one of the things I never want to see: the suffering of my parents. I realized that right away and just ditched the whole idea of suicide.
  11. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Good to hear that you found a person who understands your situation well enough. I think the problem society has is most people are too preoccupied with themselves to look into what others are sincerely feeling so instead they just take everything at surface value to avoid the discomfort of getting involved genuinely. Good luck to you both.
  12. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Suicide is the coward's way out. Those who try to kill themselves are too timid to face their problems and figure out a solution to fixing the mess they're in. By committing suicide, you strip any chance of amending your mistakes while causing pain to your close ones. It virtually solves nothing. The problems you've had are still there, just for someone else to deal with. You shouldn't be that selfish. I know you're better than this.