An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

There is hope!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Daniel Lucky, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

I am very happy for you dear friend, this is a truly motivating story and I am sure it will aid in the change of many. Jesus is always the answer to our problems, with him in the vessel it makes our entire existence easier and more meaningful. Professional counselling is always good but spirituality makes it so much easier, I can certainly attest to that. If it wasn't for God, I myself would've been a complete failure today. Wish you God's richest blessings my dear.
  2. kbroder9

kbroder9 Member

Thank you so much for sharing. Truly enjoy reading all these inspirational messages that are so full of love and hope. All of you are strong individuals who have really overcome something yourself or helped your love ones. Positive thinking and hope is some of the first things we can do to help these diseases and I'm truly inspired by everyone.
  3. Lanny

Lanny Member

Daniel your story has really touch my heart. A friend of mine went through the same situation and I am so glad that she is fully recovered. I know how hard it is to be under the influence, especially if no one is around to help you. Life is all about making mistakes and learning from those mistakes in order to be a better person. Also, I think you are a perfect role model for others who are suffering. Please continue to live a positive life and remember God is always there for you.
  4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Contributor

I agree - great opinion. Thank you for your story, it is inspirational and can help people in the future move ahead.
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is really great to read stories like this, very inspiring. :)
    Great that you finally get rid of all of your bad vices and being able to be a good father. Your kids will be proud for you for choosing the right path and be able to love them more.
  6. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Well yes everyone has to give it to someone or something eventually. Somebody has to save you if those around you are letting you drown. Letting you down or bringing you down.
    Sometimes people when they disapprove of your choices or lifestyle. Good, bad, indifferent, or radical. They strive to hinder your choice because it is different than their choices. Remembering that each person has a their own reality. So if someone has made mistakes and what other think are poor choices. They are exactly that, their choices, their life. However they decide to deal with it is up to them. Bringing them down or disagreeing with their choice of how to deal with it should be something that others should support. Whether its Jesus, AA, the gym, the doctor, or sweating it out at home to kick a habit. Support their choice. Individual rights are just that. They belong to that individual alone. Suggesting or voicing ones opinion is one thing but deterring someone from giving their life to God or doing kicking a habit on their own makes no sense. Be happy for them.
    Sometimes people who do the worst things can become the best people, if you let them. Good for you for cleaning up your life.
  7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Congratulations to you, Daniel! :) You must be really proud of yourself. Anyway, I am also a Christian, and ever since I began a personal relationship with God, I have become a much better person. And yes, I don't think there's such thing as a hopeless case. Everyone is capable of changing their ways for the better if they would just open their heart and mind about it.
  8. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

That's a really impressing story. Congratulations on getting back to your feet and becoming a better person! This is a good example that you should never give up and follow your dreams and hopes. Best wishes and thank you for making my night better.
  9. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well, I'm quite glad that you were able to turn things around and you also have found Jesus and finding Him was the reason that your life has changed for the better. Keep on sharing your success story, since you'll never know, it just might inspire an addict to really change.
  10. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I think hope is such an important guiding principle in life. Not just in addiction, but in many seasons of life when things get hard. Loved ones passing away, relationship break ups, illnesses - we need to try and remember that concept of hope. Hope that things will get better, hope that we will come to terms with things - it's just an important thing I look to when times are tough.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I don't think that anybody is ever a lost cause, and stories like this just goes to prove that.

If a person wants to change then they will do so. It might take more time than they want but in the end it will happen.
  12. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

You went to extremes with your use of substances but eventually realized their nature and society at large. The people you were hanging out were never truly your friends, they were just using you like an open cheque book. Fortunately, you came to your senses and made the important decision to come clean. I'm really glad to hear about your recovery.
  13. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Jesus Christ saved me as well. He gives you all new desires and affections when he makes you a new creature. He's the only way to salvation and the only way to true peace, and freedom! Thanks so much for sharing this. People need to know there's a living Savior.
  14. juno

juno Community Champion

Thanks for sharing. Of course there is hope, and everyone should know it no matter what your circumstance is. It is within our self to turn things around and if you have the belief that it can happen, your belief will resonate into your reality.
  15. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Faith is always so important and we must never lose that! Without faith we cannot come back from the dark
  16. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulatins on getting clean. I am glad that finding God is what got you on the right track. It doesn't work for everybody but it worked for you and that is all that matters, God is good! Now instead of getting high on drugs and alcohol every day, you are high on life every day and that my friend is a wonderful thing. All the best to you!
  17. 6up

6up Community Champion

You succeeded because you never gave up. Most addicts don't remember to pray and never go to church. Prayer helps our souls which makes us realise where we've gone wrong. We also need to believe that Jesus can help us when we ask Him.
  18. Shenwil

Shenwil Senior Contributor

God is always there when he is needed. Good to know that people are still proving him. There is still hope
  19. juno

juno Community Champion

This is a great motivational story. A great example of how things can be turned around. You had a very life changing reason to make that move to better yourself.
  20. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

And motivation is a key factor when it comes to anybody recovering from addiction. At first it's all going well but ad soon as it starts to get hard, that's when you start to lose that motivation but stories such as this, just goes to show that anything is achievable.