An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

This is sad

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Joshstillclean, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

When did this site become so low....
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I wonder that myself , I have only been here a 7+ months , & had some good conversations , but lately people post and go . Maybe people don't want answers or opinions , or everybody 's high in this crazy year ?

IDK Man , I get site burnout but to post and never return ? ???? High posting ? / Drunk posting ?

Even if people relapse , It no biggie it happens , I wonder if peeps are embarrassed ?

The site helped me but now i'm loosing interest fast.
    Hope yr well .
  3. Mary310

Mary310 Member

I just signed up due to wanting to learn more about addiction. My ex is an addict and I’m heartbroken everyday. I read and try to gain advice and I don’t feel like I can give any but I do have some hope to share. I did see on most threads that people just post and leave. I did come on this forum because I feel so anxious and honestly desperate. I just want to feel a little better ya know.
  4. Davers

Hang in there Mary310, yea people come & go but if you read on you will learn.
    Best wishes
    Mary310 likes this.
  5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

Welcome, Mary 310!

“Only when we abandon our hunt for certainty do we become free to create beauty, give love and find peace”……Frank Schaeffer

Hope for me can be future tripping, it's a control issue, and causes anxiety. When I remember that control is an illusion akin to certainty, then I'm in the present, when not future tripping and when not regretting the past, then anxiety subsides.

Hope used with helping others only worked for me when I was an example. In other words, I opt to share with others my recovery experience, that way, I’m sharing what I did and I’m not telling them what they should do. Most addicts have been hearing for years what to do by others, parents, clergy, the courts, etc. and it usually falls on deaf ears. My wife went to Al-Anon ONLY to help herself, she didn’t go for me, but it got my attention. Her example was the seed for my recovery.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Onceaddicted77 and Mary310 like this.
  6. Mary310

Mary310 Member

Thank you for your kind welcome.
  7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

You're welcome, Mary310.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

I love you brother,i pray you are well...I pray YOU ARE ALL WELL...MY APOLOGIES I DIDNT VANISH "POOF"INTO THIN AIR I GOT BANNED FOR SEVERAL MONTH'S..THE PROBLEM WITH BEING POOR IS PERHAPS MULTIPLE PEOPLE USE 1 DEVICE AND...YEP GUILTY DUE TO SOCIAL ECONOMIC STANDING..."THE GOOD WITH THE BAD,YOUR ALL IN MY PRAYERS!"
    #STAYSTRONGANDGODBLESS
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

My apologies for all the deletes im being hacked again..if i had to guess i would say Dont accuss rather ask ONCE AND BULLWINKLE.I ASSUME THEY HAVE THE ANSWERS WHY!BUT HAY,I COULD BE WRONG...MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL
  10. Ibelieveinyou

Ibelieveinyou Active Contributor

"FULL DISCLOSURE I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL THIS SCREEN NAME IS LINKED TO"
    I have been gone for some time now,most know or will know who this is by the time i hit post.Its no mystery i changed from positivity to pure anger and negativity,for that i apologize.I was banned on my other screen name,probably deserving as i became list and consumed with rage and anger,something I've ling been battling..I understand it and accept it but the time away did me good.The other day a stranger approached me and asked if i had a lighter,i did..Then i was asked if i wanted to smoke meth with them..My lighter their dope and i heard it in my mind "Fear lives in that bag"For the first time in years i said"No"Not that i had been using,i hadn't,but turn down FREE DOPE...Wow i had zero interest.On that day my thoughts raced,i thought about all of you,i felt guilt as if i abandoned you and so i decided it was time to return.I want everyone to remember these words,with every sack you purchase,open,everytime you break the zip lock or undo the knot and start to reach in hear these words."Thank you for letting me out of this bag,now indulge in the fear i promise you for eternity,until you're death i promise to deliver fear and sorrow,please don't flush me or life and oxygen strengthen"You are loved,worth so much more than a powder that a simple gust of wind can erase,worth so much more than the pain that cripples you're growth,worth so much more than the tears of agony running down your family's face,worth so much more than the regret that eats at you're soul,worth so much more than a pack of syringes,worth so much more than the emptiness you feel has enslaved you,worth so much more than those who judge and shame you,worth so much more than anyone can see,They know you're worth so much more but other's can't see you're true worth until you see it first.I love you all and i say this with "TRUE CONCERN"
    STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
    MUCH LOVE
    Davers likes this.
  11. Xenforo coding destroyed the site .GOOD JOB @Will-
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

13. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Wish i could brother. The admin has to do it and they are not responding. I think its going down.
    Davers likes this.
  14. Davers

Thanks for the update.
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

@Onceaddicted77 I LOVE YOU BROTHER AND YOU HELPED CHANGE MY THOUGHT PROCESS JUST BY TELLING ME ABOUT NF!I AINT IN THIS FOR PLEASURE,IM IN IT FOR REAL AND HIS LIFE MIRRORS MINE IN AWAY THAT WITH GOD AND HIS MUSIC "IM LIFTING UP"
    #MUCHLOVE
    #JUSTICEFORDANIELLE
  16. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Thats wonderful news bother. I cant tell you how happy that makes me feel brother. Love you too man. I wish nothing but your hearts contentness for you. We all deserve To be happy!