An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Feb 21, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

It is a new day and a great one to start fresh and move forward. If you are in recovery or you have just come out of rehab, be positive and be thankful for your chance to have a good life this time around. Stop and thank the people that have guided you through the tough moments and appreciate that you are strong because you got help and you survived rehab. The road to recovery is not easy but it is a road that will lead you to brighter and happier times with a future!! Thought for the day....... Look up and take notice of the beautiful world around you.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

3. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Appreciating all the things we have in life is huge. These days I always try to maintain what I call an "attitude of gratitude" and remember what's going great in my life - even if it's something small, I guess it's about shifting my perspective a lot of the time! I also keep a gratitude journal which helps, that process of physically writing down what you're grateful for is a wonderful thing in my opinion!
  4. tasha

Thank you !!
  5. tasha

Keeping a diary is a good idea for finding positive anythings and writing them down so that when you do feel bad you can go back to the diary and look at the positive things that have already happened.
    kassie1234 likes this.
  6. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

Yeah, we should have a positive attitude and look things with new eyes. Thought of the day, live here and now, it's as simple as it can get. ;)
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

That's true! It's definitely good for reflecting on, and I do open it up on days where I feel down or stressed or whatever - it just helps me focus on the good stuff going on. A nice reminder!
  8. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Great way to start the day! With a positive attitude. Thanks for the encouraging post for everyone.
  9. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Well said. There is nothing more I need to add other than it is useful advice for everyone.
  10. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

I found this on my facebook feed this morning and it is very true.

Life Quote 2.jpg
  11. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Thank you for sharing this! People who are experiencing darkness in their lives could use a lot of light. It's sad that not everyone takes a chance on this light. I do hope recovering substance abusers would learn to embrace all the love and positivity offered to them. Doing so will pave the way to recovery.
  12. oportosanto

That is a really interesting quote there Vinaya, but the fact is we should value ourselves more and less what others think of us. If we can do this we will feel better about ourselves.
  13. Nancy D.

Nancy D. Senior Contributor

Having positive influences in your life is an excellent way to inspire. Always be positive even though your mind and body feels like it wants to be negative......you can choose to be happy. Smile even if you don't feel like it....sometimes your mind will get into this good mood that you forced.
  14. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is right that better to fill your mind with positive thoughts. Everyday can be a good start and that you can make a new beginning. That way you will always have a chance to be better and do your best.
  15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Always stay optimistic, everyone. Negative thoughts wouldn't do any good to us anyway, so why not just keep that positivity, right? It could even attract good karma/vibes.
  16. oportosanto

Yep, that is true dyan, at the same time it's hard to have positive thoughts at all time because there are things that really move with us. We need to let those slide and that's it.
  17. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I agree with you Tasha. People need things to look forward each day to make their lives special and worthwhile. This is especially true for those who are struggling with addiction because a part of them gets lost when they say goodbye to drugs and alcohol. Everyone needs something to live for, and taking a moment to enjoy the beauty in life is just the trick. Find something to keep you going each day, even if it is as simple as examining a flower.
  18. oportosanto

We all need something to live for you are so right Rosy and at the same time we should not complicate things, we should think simple and see our goals clearly.
  19. It is a great post, we all have to think that way. People shouldnt be so negative towards life, we have to try to always think positively, to stay optimistic, because if we don't, in my opinion, we will attract all kind of bad vibes.

I say that if I am having a bad day, tomorrow will be a new one, probably better, so the best I can do is not care so much about it and try to be the best version of myself.
  20. oportosanto

Many times we make a big deal about stuff and it's nothing, so we should keep our head clean and just act, don't overthink!!