An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Feb 21, 2016.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I agree, appreciating the positivity around us and even the fact that we are still alive can make us feel grateful and thankful to be alive. We should never take for granted the little things in life.
  2. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

A beautiful quote and thanks for sharing!...It is true that Life is beautiful that is why we should enjoy it while we are still in this world. Live each day loving yourself and other people and no hatred in our hearts and always live a peaceful life.
  3. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

We should do what we love and when that happens the problems go away and we become different, better people.
  4. Appreciate everything you have, and move forward. Stay positive, thanks for this post.
    oportosanto likes this.
  5. oportosanto

Ah, as simple as it can get. How many of us do aknowledge what we have? That's something really important.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Life is definitely all about gratitude.
    oportosanto likes this.
  7. djdrug

djdrug Community Champion

Find a way, or make one - Anonymous
  8. kgord

kgord Community Champion

That is a good post, because how often do we fail to see the good in our life and only concentrate on the negatives? It's the whole I can't see the forest for the trees mentality. We have to work on seeing every day as a gift. There are lots of things we can feel grateful for in our lives.
  9. oportosanto

When we have the capacity to see beauty in the little things we are definitely going in the right direction.
  10. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I think that taking time to smell the roses is one of the options that you are looking forwad to. It is just one of the many ways you can stay positive. Even the bad things that happen to you you can try to look at in a positive vein, as an opportunity for learning or personal growth.
  11. oportosanto

I know what you mean there, but I am allergic to roses ahah! :D

We should try to focus on what we are doing, in that way we will spend less energy.
  12. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

oportosanto likes this.
  13. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Here is an interesting thought about honesty. It is from Warren Buffet, one of the richest man on earth. Warren Buffet says, "Honesty is very expensive gift, don't expect honesty from cheap people."
  14. oportosanto

Haha, that's something slightly different because if I stop to smell the pizza I will be tempted to eat it! :D