An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Thoughts

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by LaurenChaste, Dec 5, 2014.

1. LaurenChaste

LaurenChaste Member

Share your thoughts.
    Express how you feel.
  2. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

To be honest, at the moment I feel extremely irritated about a lot of things. I didn't sleep all night, wondering whether I have really made the right decisions in recent months. I am at a crossroad in my life right now, tossing and turning a lot. I wish I could see clearer in this moment, but my head is all fuzzy from ruminating too much. So, I guess I will just sit it out and wait until the choppy seas have calmed down a little.
  3. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

As of this time, I am a bit worried over a minor concern that came up at work. But I prayed for it earlier; thus, making me more settled and at peace. However, I think I am just triggered by some work-related worries that piled up so the minor issue shakes me up when it shouldn't really.

I'm a bit better after writing about it though. Thanks for starting this thread LaurenChaste. It's a good venue for releasing some not so good feelings. :)
  4. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

I'm a little sick at the moment, but I can honestly say that I feel pretty good about things otherwise. I'm alive, eager to get work done, and I've got the support of my friends and family. It's the little things that matter, and I know that this cold is going to go away. I don't have any current storms hanging over my head, although my area's going to get some much needed rain this week!
  5. YellowTrain

YellowTrain Member

I feel pretty good! I have finals this thurs and fri, but I feel like im prepared. Nothing's going to stop me from having a blast once finals are over. I am also loving how much support I am seeing in this forum. Keep it up guys, you all rock!
  6. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

Been taking things as easy as possible with the Christmas holidays going. I learned years ago not to get to stressed out during this time of year. I could use some extra hours of sunshine and warmer weather. I'm not the cold weather guy I used to be.
  7. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

I feel pretty lonely. I'm on a work placement with my university until the new year. It's been pretty difficult making new friends in a new city, so this new year's is going to be pretty lonely. Nonetheless, I hope my friends are doing well, and I hope the new years doesn't get them down.
  8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

Moving to a new city can be hard Nate, but you can try to relate with people bu doing what you love. What are your hobbies, are you into sports? It's a great way to meet new people.
  9. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I'm anxious as I've always been. Now that I'm older and can look back, it occurs to me that I probably have been anxious from as far as I can remember and it doesn't help that the environment I grew up in just enhanced it. I'm still just keeping strong though because there really is no other choice.
  10. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

Well, after a restful weekend after a hectic Christmas holiday I can honestly say that I feel pretty darned good today. I hope it carries over to the dreaded MONDAY! Thank goodness for a few vacation days coming up that I saved over the course of the year.
  11. RoseK

RoseK Active Contributor

I relapsed a bit...my goal is to cut down on drinking and eliminate daily drinking from my routine. Last night I had two beers with my fiance while we were playing Skip-O with his family. I started getting a raging migraine headache and ended up sneaking a drink from the liquor cabinet when he wasn't looking. My triggers seem extremely strong in the evenings and especially if I have a really painful headache. I just want to curl into a ball :( I decided to begin again today and choose not to beat myself up. Just like I had made the choice to sneak a drink, I can make the choice not to. Takes a lot more determination..
  12. kita

kita Member

I feel angry at my mother and her weakness. I resent all the times I had to pick her up in the streets whilst people stood around us and laughed. No child should have been put through that. The times she made me drink so that I would not tell my father she consumed alcohol because I consumed some too. There are so many things she's done, I cannot forget or forgive.
  13. Nichole W.

Nichole W. Member

I'm tired, I'm worried, and I'm sad. I came home for the weekend because the family asked me for help. All they do is fight, so I'm stuck in the middle, sleeping on the couch. A family friend just passed away after a car accident, and all I can think about was him stuck in that car for 10 hours before help found him.
  14. Teresa

Teresa Senior Contributor

Feeling a bit like I am chasing my tail at the moment. Plans do not always go as planned I suppose. It is easy to make a plan and know what steps are need to get to your goal or goals, but everything is a lot easier on paper or in theory. Too many obstacles with a lack of solutions is frustratingly depressing! :(
  15. juno

juno Community Champion

Many people who fall into drug and alcohol use often suffer from suppressing their thoughts. Their must be a venue of release, whether it is talking to someone or expressing yourself through art, writing, music, or any form of healthy action. Unfortunately, many unhealthy people share their thoughts through violent action.
  16. ClassyTulip

ClassyTulip Member

At this moment, I feel optimistic of where my life is leading. I have a couple of obstacles in my path at the time, but I know that those obstacles won't hinder me from getting to my goals. I know that with GOD, anything is possible and nothing is impossible. I rely on my faith and believe that He will not put more on me than I can bare. I'm a survivor! I'm blessed at the little I have now and it is more than enough. I'm highly favored.
  17. Nichole W.

Nichole W. Member

Today I am annoyed. I worked hard on a project to have my boss decide that she didn't like the original instructions she gave me, and now I have to do it over with new specifications. Sometimes I feel that all I do is rework because she didn't have a clear picture. I hate it when the feedback is: "I don't know what I want, but I know that I don't like this. Could you do it again a couple of different ways? I'll know it when I see it."
  18. 003

003 Community Champion

I have said to myself many times that I would be industrious and really responsible. It would happen for a week and then after I would just get back to old me, one that I really hate. I don't know anymore how I would deal myself, but I still keep on trying. I don't think of giving up, not yet, not soon. I just wish that it would never come. I will strive hard to achieve something as great as being able to control myself to be responsible to be a great man that will be a role model to other people and a man that my mom would be proud of.
  19. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 Active Contributor

My thoughts today are for my father. He has been an alcoholic nearly all my life. His recent antics have landed him a DWI. I worry about him every day. He has been in many car accidents but thankfully he has not been severely injured. I hope he one day will listen to us all and really take that first step. I hope this with all my heart so he doesn't injure himself or anyone else.
  20. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. If your family is giving you anxiety, though, you might want to consider getting away from them for a while before their behavior rubs off on you and ultimately becomes a trait you pass on to your own kids when the time comes. As much as I know the value of being with family, sometimes the rules don't apply to everyone.