An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Time to change

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Hopeful_addict, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Hello my name is scott this is my first time reaching out for help. I have had a problems with my addictions for the last 15 years(currently 27) and have decided for my mental health i think its to change my life for the positive. I am currently working on a farm but constantly am concerned with losing my job as it is drug tested.
    I am really just looking for someone that understands my struggle with addiction and that could potentially help me. Also if there are any ideas that can help me with things to do day to day to replace the time i would be using.
    thank you for reading
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Absolutely there are people here who understand and can advise,encourage, and support you but we need a bit more info.What is your drug of choice?How much and how often do you use it?What effect has this had on yourself and other's?please reach out again and we will reach back.You are not alone.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Hopeful_addict hello and welcome. so glad you're here!!

also glad you want to make some changes. have you thought much about your recovery path? treatement center? support group meetings? counselor? reading books on the topic? every person is different, so what works for one might not work for another. find out what will work for you..... usually multiple things combined.

yes, we'd love to learn a bit more about you. you work on a farm. that's very interesting!!!

getting clean may not be simple, but it's possible with hard work, and it takes some time.... think progress over perfection. you being here is a great start!!!

hope to hear back from you!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

oh, please take some time to read through some on the forum. great information and support here!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the community, @Hopeful_addict. I'm so proud of you for coming here and letting us know that you want to change your life for the better. That's a giant first step and I'm so happy you've taken it.

I would like to know more about your situation, too. If you give us a little more info (like @True concern has asked for), it would help us talk to you a little bit more intelligently.

When you're ready, drop a little bit more information on us, okay? We are here to help, support, and listen! You are not alone!!!
    True concern and Dominica like this.