New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Tips and tricks to feeling great.

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by Node, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Node

Node Member

I wanted to post this thread because I just came out of a 7ish month drug addiction, I used meth, mushrooms, weed, katomine, morphine, smoked, and was drinking. At first I was just partying and having fun then it became a habbit where every weekend and sometimes a week or two at a time I'd do drugs and I could tell they were controlling my life. I have been clean now from all of the drugs I did and I even managed to quit smoking mind you that was a dousey. But basically I want to share the things I did to speed up my recovery :) I'll list them here and rate them on how effective they were for me;

Exersize! - I started slow with walks cause I'm lazy and the thought of getting some clean air and a bit of exercize sounded nice, which ended up helping me a lot. (I moved up to biking sometimes but I'm lazy when it comes to physical stuff.)
    Broccoli - I tried more vegtables than I can think of to make me feel good and the only one to have immidiate affects were broccoli, and they are easy to eat!
    Reading - I'm not the biggest reader unless it's anime but I found picking a book up for 10 -15 min a day was helpful. It's the constant focus that you need to make the picture in your head of what your reading that helped. It just made things feel easier.
    Water - Water is good in general but what I enjoyed the most out of uping my water intake was the fact that it made me feel looser. I like to feel unconstrained and it was a good replacement for ciggerates. Need a smoke? F**k it, chug a glass of water and get going.

Adding these things into my daily routine have changed my life and I hope this inspires you guys to take the next step. :) If anyone want's to chat or just want's a friend to help with getting clean please msg me!
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. abacabb

abacabb Member

I couldn't agree anymore when it comes to exercise and reading. Exercise helped me break that constant feeling of my muscles always being tightened up. Reading helped so much, especially so during the late nights/early mornings when you just don't sleep right anymore. I can get lost in my book for hours, instead of laying there wondering when I'll get an ounce of sleep.
  3. OHelloMe

OHelloMe Active Contributor

Thank you so much for this. I just went through a nasty bout of withdrawal because I ran out of script two days early by mistake. It was not pleasant in the least. I agree that hydration and exercise is really important to feeling better. I'm not so sure about broccoli, I've never tried that before. Also, any distraction technique to pass the time is going to be a godsend.

Ultimately though, the best thing for withdrawals is Lyrica. That stuff is absolutely amazing.
  4. remnant

remnant Community Champion

This is a practical guide that worked well in your situation. The principles involved would hopefully apply to others. However, I don't totally attribute your success merely to the compensatory mechanisms that you used to recover. I attribute your success to the positive mental attitude and determination to escape from the clutches of addiction. Some people have relapsed even after undergoing expensive detox and rehab programs due to the fact that they didn't have the willpower and resolve to quit.
  5. Pugmom

Pugmom Member

I also believe in vitamins and supplements. I believe they helped me a lot. I was taking calm support which is a opiate withdraw aid, alpha lipoic acid 2x a day, fish oil, calcium, vitamin B complex, Zoloft and cholondine. Cholondine is a prescribed blood pressure med that helps your sympathetic nervous system, which is what is affected when you are on opiates. It helps a lot. So get a good doctor be honest and make sure you are ready!
  6. Diane Eileen

Diane Eileen Member

Hi. I am new around here. I just saved or tried to save a girl yesterday who apparently is shooting up liquified pain killer pills. She's a mess emotionally, and is 1 step from being homeless. She unfortunately is lying and actually has unfortunately cheated us out of a lot of money because we felt we were helping her. (Thought the money was going for food, etc.) We found out she's been using the money to buy drugs.

So I did my research, and I just wanted to share that in Florida there is something called the Marchman act. That means if someone you know can no longer make decisions for themselves or is acting in a way that is harmful to themselves or others because of hardcore drugs -- you can have them involuntarily committed to a treatment facility. It may be the only wake up call they will get. It's not a crime, they aren't charged with anything. It's just a way to help them to wake up.

We are going to try to do this with this girl, as we feel everyone is a human being. Opiates get ahold of you and they won't let go. At this point the drug addiction is "doing all the talking for her decisions" But I'm worried that she will end up dead if we don't get her treatment. Does anyone have any helpful advice? I'd really appreciate it.

The other issue is which is unique I must admit. I am actually a professional medium who has a long client list of people who are family members of overdose victims. In other words, I can and do interact with people who have died from shooting heroin, or taking too many pills. I help their family members heal and also the spirit to heal as well. So it is very difficult for me as I know that lives are definitely being lost due to this stuff. It's an epidemic of epic proportions. I'm trying to post research I find about heroin addiction etc. on my website, in order to help people.

www.yourlettersfromheaven.com
    Coldhotpocket likes this.
  7. Djennings99

Djennings99 Member

Im currently getting off pain killers aftet 7 years. For so long i would buy pain killers all the time. After a year went by someone brought heroin to have me try and he told me it was just opium. 2 weeks later it was heroin and i did that for 2 years now im off all that and dealing with the withdrawls.
  8. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Djennings99... Glad to hear you're off of heroin. The withdrawal symptoms will get better with time. Hang in there, and if the symptoms get too bad, seek medical attention.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  9. Coldhotpocket

Coldhotpocket Member

You guys suboxone is not hard ive been on subutex and just went to suboxone last week for almost3 years. I dont get high or anything from it i just wasnt wanting to go threw the withdrawals.but yes suboxone saved me and the lady that says it just replaces one for another go do research please. Also your only supposed to be ob for a month and wing ypu down all the way in that month or month and a half and that ways not hard just exercise drink water ask for a week supply of benzos the withdrawals are way mild compared to heroin or oxycotten norco percocets whatever ive withdrawaled all. Suboxone is a miracle that saved my life and im getting off ot npw but honestly docs need to prescribe suboxone its a bad epedemic and dont let someone be on it for 2 months ween them down
  10. Coldhotpocket

Coldhotpocket Member

they shouldnt beable to write them out unless for a legitimate reason. And not for a long time this shits killing people making familys get addicted lose there homes and children.. Thank god for trump hes gonna help with the opiod crisis