An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Tips for meth addiction recovery

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Hollow_frame, May 15, 2020.

1. Hollow_frame

Hollow_frame Member

Hello everyone! I am currently struggling to find a way out of my meth addiction. I feel as if I am slowly becoming someone who is not me. I have been delusional and my connection with reality is warped. I recognize this and want to quit, but I always seem to get more. I don't want to do this anymore but I can't seem to muster the will to fully let go. I am asking anyone who may be able to guide me through this process so that I may recover. If anyone is willing to post tips to help me through it I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
  2. JamesTheBest

JamesTheBest Member

Hello!
    Long-term use of meth can cause significant damage to the brain. The Drug Enforcement Administration warns that chronic and prolonged meth exposure can damage as many as half of the dopamine-producing cells in the brain and potentially even more of the serotonin-containing nerve cells. If you have symptoms like: Anxiety, Paranoia, Depression trouble with memory, aggressive behaviors - you have meth addiction. addictionresource - if you need additional information or help.
    Get well!