New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

To report her or.....

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Becks, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Becks

Becks Member

My 25 y/o daughter is pregnant, she is also a addict. She is currently taking subutex during her pregnancy. I have been informed by my son, her brother, she is abusing this....and taking more than her ob/gyn or counselor know about. She asked my son for money to buy more, her told her no. As I live in another state, I did call a wellness check on her, to which her boyfriend, who is also her babies father and her dealer beat her knocking out a few of her teeth. My question.....do I report her to child services now, or closer to her due date so they can take the child from them. Being homeless in Buffalo is not any way a place for a baby of a drug addict. I have tried as much as I can to help, but I am disabled. Please give me some insight.....
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Becks... I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. This sounds like an incredibly difficult situation. If I were you, I would do everything I can to protect that unborn baby. If that means filing a report with child services, that's what I would do. If your daughter is abusing meds, the baby is at risk. And that's something that needs to be dealt with.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Becks likes this.
  3. Becks

Becks Member

Thank you so much...another person feeling what I know has to be done....is just going to make it easier to do.....thanks for a reality check...
    deanokat likes this.
  4. deanokat

You're welcome, @Becks. I don't know if it's the right decision, but I know in my heart that it's what I would do if I were in your situation. That baby deserves to be safe.

Praying for you and your family.
    Becks likes this.
  5. Becks

Becks Member

It is the best choice for the baby....her latest call to my son seemed to be more lies , trying to get pity and money.....we have decided to offer emotional support....but no money....if she is hungry give us a address to have food delivered, but no money. She informed my son she can get extra subutex pills for $15.00 each....I feel like I have lost her...the sweet little girl I raised is gone...
  6. deanokat

I'm sorry, @Becks. And yes, do not give her money. Food is okay. But money for food will likely be used to buy more pills.

I will keep praying for you guys.
    Becks likes this.
  7. Becks

Becks Member

I was reading your blog...it made me smile, not a laugh, but a smile...knowing I am not the only one who is feeling as if a sadistic entity is using me like a puppet. I have MS, and the more stress, the more my symptoms flare up....I even think I must be hilarious to watch. Thank you for the truth to be read, and the reassuring it brings
    deanokat likes this.
  8. deanokat

I'm glad to hear my blog brought you some comfort, @Becks. Addiction is truly a family disease. So many people suffer when one person is afflicted.
  9. Becks

Becks Member

It appears you are a help and or comfort to many....please keep up your good and comforting deeds...
    deanokat likes this.