An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

To Share My Brother's Road to Healing

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Lizzy19ph, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Lizzy19ph

Lizzy19ph Member

Good day! I am Lizzy and I am just a newly-registered member. What brings me here is that I wanted to share my brother's road to recovery from his addiction to drugs. Truly, the family of the patient would be really be affected in many ways- psychologically, physically, and spiritually. Like some psychological illnesses wherein families of patients also attend counselings and briefings, we also have undergone that. I want to share my brother's story and our story and try to inspire others who are going through the same dilemma. It's good to be a member here!
    deanokat likes this.
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Welcome to the group. I am glad you found us. I look foward to reading your brother's story. Even though it will be difficult for you, I am glad you are able to share it with us. I will watch for your future posts. Your story will serve as an inspiration to so many on here.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Lizzy19ph... Welcome to our community! It's great that your brother has found recovery! Feel free to share his story. I'm sure it will help inspire others. Real stories of recovery help people so much!
  4. Lizzy19ph

Lizzy19ph Member

thanks for welcoming me in this awesome community! :)
  5. Lizzy19ph

Lizzy19ph Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes, I am truly glad to be a part of this wonderful community to share stories of recovery and healing and inspire people. By the way I love that quote from Anne Lamott :)
    deanokat likes this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

We're glad you're here, @Lizzy19ph! (And for what it's worth, I consider Anne Lamott to be my higher power. Her books have saved me so many times. She's all kinds of awesome.)
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Lizzy19ph, thank you for joining us. What you intend to do here sharing your brother's story to help others is very commendable. We are always happy to hear of recovery and so we invite you to share whatever you can to help others. I feel sure you will also be helped along the way. Thank you for inviting us into your life and welcome.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. harold

harold Community Champion

Welcome Lizzy, you have come to the right place. We hope to know your brother's story soon. We are glad you are here. Feel free to browse around the forum and check our valuable information. The information you will share will be of vital importance to everyone here. Every day, we learn from the stories we share here. Your decision to come here is the right decision and we are happy. I hope that you greatly learn, and at the same time teach many people here. Again, I want to welcome you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks
    deanokat likes this.
  9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Very nice of you @Lizzy19ph wanting to walk the road to healing side by side with your brother.

By doing this you are not only encouraging him to recovery, but also to heal your family because certainly having to deal with the addiction of a member is painful for all .

Even though is family what can make someone stronger to complete the process and recover a sober lifestyle.
    deanokat likes this.