New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary.18th seperated and by myself for 3rd straight

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, May 5, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Today is very emotional for me and i long for her touch,her voice,her breathe,her smell,her embrace,the sound of her heart beat as i lay my head on her chest,the smile on her face as i walk in the door,the glance into my eye's that said more than her lips ever could.I long for these thing's with the knowledge i will probably never have any of that again and i have addiction to thank for that.That hurt is indescribable,the emptiness I'm left with again was given to me from addiction.Learn from me people that substance you struggle with will eventually rip your heart out and never think twice about it.Fight for yourselves and don't let addiction leave you alone or dead.God Bless each and everyone of you
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern i'm sorry you're going through this. i imagine it is heartbreaking... thank you for sharing this with us... means a lot that you could share your grief here. wish i had something to say to make it all better, but know that i am here to listen...and i care.

thank you for all your kindness here in the forum and sharing your story with everyone..and encouraging everyone. i see God working in and through your life, and that's amazing.

i know tomorrow may be rough... and i pray you'll find some peace amidst the struggle.

sending up a prayer for you now...
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

Thank you very much,nothing more meaningful than a prayer because they are evidence of genuine concern.Take care
    Dominica likes this.
  4. Dominica

True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

Yesterday was tough very tough,i found myself thinking about a liquor store parking lot for a tall can,however through that insane thought i was talking with @CMMW and decided that I would instead attend my first NA meeting which i plan to attend tonight
  6. Dominica

@True concern good that you didn't cave to that temptation!!! you are going to meeting tonight? awesome!

let us know how you like it....
    True concern likes this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Sorry you're struggling, @True concern. But I will give you credit for deciding to attend your first NA meeting instead of the liquor store. That's huge. I, too, will say a prayer for you.
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  8. True concern

@Dominica @deanokat thank you so much for your support as i have been sharing my stories i to have been learning to be receptive and i pray my struggle not only helps other's but also continues to help me as it has been and i truly believe it will.Thanks again and God Bless you Both.And a special thanks to @CMMW as i didn't even realize this individual was reading between the line's and said thing's that indeed made a difference for me yesterday and has convinced me to sit infront of other's for the first time in my life and share my story face to face as i was really struggling with that decision, so again thank each and everyone of you
    Dominica likes this.